Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have an 04 1000 and some times when i stop for a stop sign/red light and take off i hear a click/clunk sound---only once, its just when i take off kinda hard.--its sounds like its coming from the front sprocket or possibly the trans.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
My '01 1K made a noise similar to that. It was the front pads moving in the caliper.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've got the same noise, my brother inlaw a tech @ a Suzuki store swears it's absolutely normal. He said it comes from the clutch snaping against the basket, and it doesn't have any negative effects. He's gone thru all the 'Zuki schools, and is a pretty good wrench, so I trust him.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont hear the noise right on contact from releasing the clutch i can roll about five feet after a stop by just letting the clutch out and then when i hit it --right when i hit it-- i hear click/clunk just once--

·
Registered
488 Posts
hey whats up everyone.. my 04 does the same thing. ,kinda crack/bang when you take off . ive checked everything out and all is good. i talked to a bunch of guys and the local bike cruises and they get it also.

·
Registered
189 Posts
whtthundysc said:
i dont hear the noise right on contact from releasing the clutch i can roll about five feet after a stop by just letting the clutch out and then when i hit it --right when i hit it-- i hear click/clunk just once--

Exactly!! Almost to the point where you feel it too? Not everytime you accl from a stop but most, and it's always after you give it some wrist. I always described it as a knock.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Oh man I'm glad to read this. Mine has 1600 miles on it and it just started doing that. I was afraid it was a combination of frame flex and a loose bolt. If it's common, I feel a lot better about it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Try lubing the chain and see if it goes away..

mine makes a crunching/click noise, only in gear. ( wont do it rolling, neutral etc..)
once i lubed, it went away.
If you have a stand prob rear up, start bike , hit 1st gear and let it 'idle'
you'll probably notice chain/spocket, twitch/ bind, crunch a little
I really dont know what that means lol.

Just out of curiousity is your sprocket stuff stock?

I replaced front sprocket on my fiends rf900, the stock one had giant rubber grommets/ stuff stuck to the sprocket on both sides, probably to prevent dust/dirt around the shaft. the aftermarkets dont seem to do this.
And i cant remove it as it seems fused to stock sprocket.

And don't know if that makes a diff also..

Raven

( i litterally just woke up so if this post is really nonsense, ramblings you know why now.)

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
nah man, there just ISN'T a problem hahahaha

mine does this all the time and has for the past year...no further issues stemming from it...yer good to go...mine will do this in parking lots when i'm doing 5mph and keep getting on/off the clutch/throttle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good thing I did a search before I posted... My bike is doing this "popping" noise upon clutch release. 2005 750K5, 3000 miles. It almost sounds like a bad ball joint on a car...

How long does the warrantee last on Suzukis?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.