Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Will do
I know wiring is different and ecu also (2row of pins to 3 rows)
Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
I think you are right Chuck. My 2010 used the most of the same parts as an 09 but many 07/08 were different.

·
Registered
292 Posts
K7 may have both upper mounts on the crankcase while K6 has the forward mount on the head. But it will "fit".
"For the rest of cables ecu etc...no problems" Not sure what you're saying. There were some significant differences between K5/K6 and K7/K8, for example the ISC, O2 sensor, and ECM. There might be some airbox matching issues.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
What I meant is that this is no problem
Is I can flash the ecu to remove key, cables and such I have and also a Speedo my main worrie is to ge the engine in there...

·
Registered
292 Posts
A motor mount adapter might be available from someone like Hybrid Racing. Alternately you can omit the uppermost mount (irk!) or, I think, put the K6 head & throttle body onto the K7.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This is like all barrels are, I could wipe a lot of crap off the pistons with little solvent

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have a update... I have dismantled the engine and this is there

·
Registered
292 Posts
That ring land in your second pic looks really bad. I think I can also see something in the first pic but it's subtle. I'm guessing that it's why you're getting all that carbon on the piston head. Strangely, I don't see anything to suggest why it was damaged.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It's a used bike.. anything could have been done before.
What is the nm/ torque setting for the engine oil jets?

Als. I am thinking to deglaze with flexhone aluminium oxide 250/320 grit as they are for nikasil "cleaning"
Also set of rings...and if necessary...pistons as 2 are not in the best shape...

Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Can the piston be "reconditioned" by pushing it back into place?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
^^^ I wouldn't even think about it as an acceptable solution. I'm curious what deformed it.

Bill, good eye. Didn't even notice that little wave in the first pic. The carbon on top of the pistons is actually normal.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Compared to the other pistons...there are some rings missing in the lower ones,the oiler is supposed to have ring/oil ring/ring...

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
So someone had the pistons out before. That might explain the bend if they were trying to pry out the rings. This folks is why I never want to buy used.....

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So someone had the pistons out before. That might explain the bend if they were trying to pry out the rings. This folks is why I never want to buy used.....
Totally agree on this...I have been looking for engines and they can't even answer a easy question I do...what's the compression and condition?------it came from a running bike.

How is the procedure to test for bend con ronds?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'd think you could put them on a flat surface on all four "sides" and measure from the surface to a center point looking for deflection.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Will do this soon, i am looking for the torque settings of the oil jets ...not in the Haynes manual.
I am going to need crank and con shells, piston rings possibly pistons,deglaze and pray tha shit. Won't go south.
Are the crank/conrod shells just aluminium?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Wow, Good luck with this build! I'm assuming after it's done and by your hands will have made it worth it?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I'm not sure I move forward with this..I'm making numbers and its way to expensive to do this for the age of the engine...

21 - 40 of 57 Posts