Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 gsxr 750, about 15,400 miles

This issue just came up earlier today. Pretty much when I'm at low speeds and pull the clutch in, no throttle, i can hear/feel a ticking or knocking kinda noise from what feels like the lower left side of the bike. It also occurs in neutral with no throttle, however even the slightest amount of throttle and it's gone. I'm leaning towards it being the clutch plates but id like a more experienced opinion before i start ripping into her again.
Thanks!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Put your ear near the left engine cover and carefully watch for this noise. If you localize this noice from left cover, that it could be a losen stator or rotor under the cover. If so than lean down the bike on the right hundlebar on any chair-like stand (if you dontn't want to drain out the engine oil) and remove the left cover.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put your ear near the left engine cover and carefully watch for this noise. If you localize this noice from left cover, that it could be a losen stator or rotor under the cover. If so than lean down the bike on the right hundlebar on any chair-like stand (if you dontn't want to drain out the engine oil) and remove the left cover.
You might be on to something, i did a stator replacement about 1k miles ago so maybe something got loose. Ill try to look into it tomorrow. Thanks!

·
Administrator
12,178 Posts
That did not sound good at all in the video (nice helmet and action on the bike. :LOL: )

I'll agree with XPOH, checking the stator for looseness, especially since you've just been there, would be the first step.

The stator coming loose is not uncommon due to improper torque and not using Loctite on the bolts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That did not sound good at all in the video (nice helmet and action on the bike. :LOL: )

I'll agree with XPOH, checking the stator for looseness, especially since you've just been there, would be the first step.

The stator coming loose is not uncommon due to improper torque and not using Loctite on the bolts.
Great! Ill try to get that done today

·
Registered
368 Posts
Could it be as simple as a loose baffle in the exhaust. Just something plain and simple rattling? You know, before all these fancy engines and electronics. Stuff rattling! ;)

Get something rubbery to go around the bike and give things a gentle tap, would be my next step.

It just doesn't really sound 'mechanical' to me, more 'bodywork/bits' so to speak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts