Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sport bikes are light. If you cant hold one up you shouldnt be riding. Being 4'11" thou, you will probably barely be able to get a foot on the ground. Have you ever ridden before? Seeing that your short, like me, you should start off on something small that you can easily get both feet flat on the ground. That way you can learn the basics of riding, while still having the confidence of being able to get both feet down when you want to. If you start out on a bike where you can only barely get one foot on the ground, its gona take you a long time and many accidents before you finally learn to ride and overcome the initial fear of not being able to touch the ground.

If you already know how to ride and are comfortable on a bike, then as long as you can get one foot to the ground you should have no problem holding up a sport bike. Your really balancing it more then holding it up.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Well you can always lower it like 2in and shave the seat. But I'm not sure how much that will help. I rode with a girl in Texas who was under 5ft and she rode a stock R1 and at lights had to push off hard with her left foot and gun it. It's freakin awsome:laughingr

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well you can always lower it like 2in and shave the seat. But I'm not sure how much that will help. I rode with a girl in Texas who was under 5ft and she rode a stock R1 and at lights had to push off hard with her left foot and gun it. It's freakin awsome:laughingr
That is one of the sexiest sights i have ever pictured!:bowdown:

hey rebel any chance u can post pics of your bike? i am also thinking of stretching mines 10 and lowering it 5!! can u please send me a pic or post it up?

·
Registered
552 Posts
She was so short she had to push off just to get the bike upright enough to start moving foreward you mean? I hope thats what your saying, because it would look retarded to actually see someone push off FOREWARD when there trying to start, haha. Id probably wear some 5" platform shoes if I was that short lol.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
That is one of the sexiest sights i have ever pictured!:bowdown:
+1 :thumbup:

Niki I would post up this same question in the GSXR-Ladies lounge and see what they have to say. Also use a descriptive title for the post. "slight problem..." sounded like someone was having a mechanical issue. "Help lowering a bike for a 4'11" rider" or something might be more effective.

And last but certainly not least Welcome to the Forum! :hello:

·
Registered
133 Posts
You can always lower your bike...
but dang... i'm 6'0 and i can barely stand flat footed on one of my bikes. haha
good luck :infrandom

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
It's all about your confidence and ability. My friend Manny is about your height and he has an R1, Busa, CBR1000, and GSXR1000 and all are stock height. Yes he does lean off the bike at a stop light on one foot but I like his style that he can ride ther piss out of all his bikes and is actually one of the faster 1/4 mile guys in the area.

·
Registered
57 Posts
gsxr600 lowered 2 in and would recommend maybe elka or ohlins rear shock so you can adjust it on the fly to fit your weight... stock rear shock not as user friendly and not near as good

·
Registered
89 Posts
Lowering links

There are lots of riders in the same boat that you are. Most choose the right shoes to help them and usually get lowering links. GSXR'S are the best bikes when it comes to short people they have the narrowest seats. You can lower the forks get some lowering links for the rear and even get a custom shorter rear shock made to help you touch the ground without screwing up your bike geometry to much.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
SIDI make platforms? :headscrat

:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.