Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. This is my post about the Spring Slimey Crud Run last Sunday. They put it on the 1st Sunday in May, and October, every year.
This one was Off the Hook! I estimate 10,000+ people/bikes attended. No, not all at the same spot at the same time, that's not how this one works.
In a Nutshell, you ride to Pine Bluff WI. solo or with a group. Then you ride your route solo or with your group to Leland WI. Then go wherever you want after that.
I rode to our usual Breakfast place in Delafield WI. and met up with a group I think we had 12 bikes. Other groups were around at the Gas station next to the breakfast place too.
This was most of the group I rode with- twisties/backroads/WI Rustic roads all the way! What should take 40 minutes took over 3 hrs, just to get there! Some of the Gas breaks too.

I set my odometer, 430miles! On my now OEM height clip- ons too! Only about 40 of those were on an Interstate, going to breakfast, and the las 25mi. going home. My back, neck, etc. felt great and I even got up at 5 am the nest day for my swim practice w/ my Masters group.
My bike ran superbly, never missed a beat.

When we got there, bikes were everywhere. These pics only show a fraction. In previous years, I took pics of all the more rare bikes, etc. Too many to bother with this year. Like the motorcycle that has a full Wave Runner fiberglass body over it! (I think I took a pic of that in previous years.) All kinds of wild looking people, and everyone getting along.

When we started the ride, a few people were talking about a 'Pan-American'. I had no clue. I don't follow Harleys, etc.
Every time we stopped for gas - THIS bike would draw a small crowd. In our group were 2 Harley Engineers, and said they have been working on this project for like 5 yrs! They were actually 2 younger nice guys, answering all the questions about it- like it lowers itself some when you stop like at a light, etc.
When we got to the Slimey Crud Run, Small crowds would form instantly around this bike.
We also had all kinds of sport cruisers and adventure bikes- I was the only full on sport bike in the group. The leader and one of the Adventure bike riders on a KTM 1290 could corner well!
There were 2 x KTM 1290's- one of them with 7K miles on it, and still had the OEM knobby tires on it!
I felt good knowing my little 'ol K5 Liter bike still put out as much or more HP and TQ than most all of those bikes, and way lighter too LOL.
Anyways, here is pics of the 'not on the market' yet, Harley Pan-American' They said it was 1250cc.

Here's one of the crowds that didn't ride with us. the guy with the Harley jacket on zipped up in 80 degree weather is one of the engineers, answering all the questions.

·
SuperMod of the North
27,847 Posts
Is it just me or is the guy on the left in the 4th pic about 3 1/2 feet tall?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it just me or is the guy on the left in the 4th pic about 3 1/2 feet tall?
LOL. I was holding the phone/camera overhead- I think it's the perspective.
He's at least 4" LOL. Yeah/naw- he's probably 5 ft or so. Didn't know him. Innocent bystander now caught up in a picture for all eternity. (I gotta quit watching so many Ozzyman reviews LOL)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, True story,

One of the riders on a KTM1290 on the ride Sunday was always behind me by a few bikes. I decided to ride in the third spot.
The leader was on 'one' of his bikes, some kind of CB 919. A naked sport cruiser. 2nd spot was a very seasoned rider on another KTM1290, then me.

I liked the fact I could keep up enough to watch them 'thru' the corners as I was looking ahead and inside on the corners. Neither one of them really 'gets off the bike' though. Not like I do anyways LOL. Tom, on the KTM- sits upright- it's an adv bike. Yet we were all going the same speed.
There were a few not so tight corners when I'd stay on the bike.
But mostly every decent corner at speed, it's my habit to get off the bike with what I'm trying to learn as good form. Not 'crossing up', etc. I know, I still have a lot to learn. I think I have some OK form now on faster corners though. I try and emulate good riders/racers I usually see on videos, etc.

But, the point of this post was on the last stop on the way home, the rider on the newer KTM comes up to me and says 'Wow, you have such good form!'.
At first I thought he was joking LOL
I didn't see the others in the string behind me on this ride on the corners- but I'm thinking I was getting off the bike farther than anyone else in the group. I think that's what he meant. 'Cause I was following and not going any faster (sometimes a tad slower) than the guys in front of me that weren't getting off the bike at all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts