Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 GSXR 600. When i give the back full throttle it will over rev and slip then catch and start accelerating. I know this is a result from beating on the bike. Just need a little help to figure out what i need to replace and where i can get it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
07 GSXR 600. When i give the back full throttle it will over rev and slip then catch and start accelerating. I know this is a result from beating on the bike. Just need a little help to figure out what i need to replace and where i can get it.
Check if you can loosen a bit off on the clutch ,sounds like it's a bit thight

·
Registered
375 Posts
My friend had the same problem on his 061k. All I did was put alittle slack in the clutch by adjusting it at the lever. He had no play at all in the lever and I dont think it was letting the clutch fully disengage and causing a slip like you are talking about.
Thats the good news. The bad is about 3 weeks later he had to replace the clutch cause it was burnt.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
my 03 750 seems to be doing the same thing. can a REAL loose chain feel like this? the teeth dont look to bad but i wonder if my chain is skipping teeth.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Why dont you just tighten your chain Dangles? Id think if it were so loose it was skipping teeth youd have a bigger problem.
should have pulled one more link when it was put on.. now its streched to the limit. i cant tighten it anymore. i am getting a new sprocket set and chain next week. i felt it slipping last week so put her up till i change it. trying to post a vid..

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
dangles that thing is streched to the max, youre right its time to get a new chain. and the guy with the slipage.CLUTCH, my guess to many launches and power wheelies

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im talkin like slipping like its not grabbing the gears and it will rev up then grab i cant even give the bike full throttle. im pretty sure the clutch is toast just wondering how much its gonna cost to get all the parts i need?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
should have pulled one more link when it was put on.. now its streched to the limit. i cant tighten it anymore. i am getting a new sprocket set and chain next week. i felt it slipping last week so put her up till i change it. trying to post a vid..
Holly crap bro...

DAMN Dangles! Your Gixxer is LOOSE!! You need to keep her tied up in the house a little more.
:funny::laughingr now that was funny

·
Registered
37 Posts
def. sounds like a blown out clutch. i wasnt sure if that was the problem with mine before i went to ohio bike week and it was. id gun it and the engine would wind up and wrap out then the gear would start to catch as if i were ridin out the clutch when racing. but my hand is no where near the clutch lol. replaced the clutch with a clutch for Factory pro clutch and slapped myself bc i should have done it a long time ago. amazing the difference. fairly easy to install too. about 140 bucks

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have a hard time understanding why some post. Dude read the manual on adjusting the clutch. Not adjust the lever. Not just replace the clutch because after that you are going to be sitting there adjusting the clutch and wondering why you didn't just try adjusting in the first place.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ya I'm starting to have the same problem with my 05 1k I tried adjusting it from the screw inside. Got a little more bite but still not hold on when the power comes on. So I guess I will be replacing mine as soon as it comes in the mail. I guess it's lasted a while 22k stock clutch? or should I have gotten more time out of it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.