Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

So I decieded to build a shed (ultimate theft protection?)

3K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  BallHawk3 
#1 ·
Yup, you read the title correct. I'm building me a shed! Nope, ballhawk3 isn't on drugs or drunk fellas, i'm building me a shed.

After of being tired of not having my bike at home due to theft, i've decieded to build a shed and bring my bike home. Right now my bike stays at my friends house, he's always busy though working two jobs and having a family. I stay at an apartment..where theft is high even though its a gated garage. Bascially its one big shared garage with a gate, where u need a clicker or key to get in, and to get out, you just roll up and it opens. Everyone gets 2 spaces of parking, one right in back of each other and already, i've had my car stolen. Yup security is doing there job!

Anyway, i'm gonna build the shed to take up 1 parking space, while either my brother or dad park there car in back of it. Haven't measured anything yet but i have funds of about 250 from home depot in a giftcertificate i traded for to my friend for my helmet. So haven't done measure meants yet, but bascially its gonna be a bid wider and longer than a sedan (one parking space). Gonna want it to be high enough for me to walk in and maybe do some work. Be nice to fit two bikes in there on stands but dunno if that will be possible, and maybe some hooks to carry tries. Been nice if i can make something inside to chain my bike down just in case! A source of power would be nice, maybe for a lil light, maybe i can do something with a car battery. It would be funny to if i can figure out a way to wire a shock sensor/alarm so if someone gets rough with the shed, its gonna go off like a car! Gonna have to build a small ramp so i can roll the bike in and out of the shed.

Hehe, anyway as u can tell i'm real excited to start this off, i can barely contain myself! I like building shit. Most likely i'll prob be going to home depot today to buy some wood and other stuff needed. Wanna get started asap, but prob be doing it on my days off...either saturday afternoon and all of sunday. I only work in the mornnings from 5 am to 9-10am...so maybe i can start in the afternoons on the weekdays. Dunno how long it will take. So far i got a friend helping me who built a shed for his bike, which is pretty big, fits two bikes, holds a lot of shit like tools and he can work inside of it. Lyte is prob gonna come down to help too. Its gonna be interesting and i think a good post up with the before and after pictures. If anyone in so cal wants to come down and help, be my guest! Think it would be cool if i got people from gsxr.com and sfvbikenight to paint the outside. Just go crazy with painting doing whatever we want or maybe slappin on stickers and posters and whore out the shed..haha.

Anyway i think its a great idea to protect my bike cause there will always be a car parked in back of it, so if they get it open, they wouldn't be able to get it out. Plus my neighbors cars parked on the side so it will be blocked in from all sides. Don't think they gonna try choppin' it down, the fact my bike alarm will be armed not to mention the cars around going off cause of all the noise, the only thing i can think about is them trying to un-screw the hinges, but still, how would they take the bike out being blocked by cars around. I'll be posting pics when i get started....yea i know there aren't none so before you guys start saying :needpics: i'll go out in a bit and post up a pic of the empty parking spaces! Oh yea, any advice suggestions would be nice too. They are all welcomed.

One more thing, now can i forget, but :2hard :thefinger :fu: thieves!!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
lol that aint nothin nice :funny:

Good luck if it all works out and if i plan on moving to some apartments i will have to try this! got a thought about the hinges... maybe this is too thought involved...... but..... have u looked at the frontdoor to ur house lately? it has them on the inside of the door jam... u can use a twist lock at the top and bottom of one door and install a dead bolt on the other. know what i mean... like on a grocery store double door. one door has twist locks at the top and bottom. twist them from the inside portion of the door and it locks that door in place. then close the other door and lock the deadbolt into the other door. maybe 2 for extra support. hell y not 3 lol :arsenal have fun!

#6 ·
Hahaha yah im going to be dragging lshybrid aka fishy along with me to help... just make sure you ask the dudes at home depot what you need.. and also draw some blue prints man!

#7 ·
spent a long time at home depot tonight.....long as time....lol i was just scopin' it out, have a good idea of what i'm gonna do. Gonna be happy with it. So far i got it down to 4 feet wide, 8 feet long, and 6 feet tall. Pretty small though....i might wanna go with something a tad wider but making it 4 feet wide will be a lot easier for me.

#9 ·
thats too costly honestly, running that much monthly. With this...if they tear it down..it will be damn near impossible to move it with all the surrounding cars unless there is no car parked infront of the box. anyway......pictures of the driveway....

went out did measurements....the space is about 7.5 feet wide and about 14.5 feet long. If i build the box with the currently length, 8 feet it will take up half the space if i push it to the cinder block. Anyway, so far i decieded, the height will stay at 6 feet, the length will stay 8, no point in making it longer unless i wanna take up the whole space. Anyway i'm decieding on the width, i'm thinking 4 feet might not be enough, especially when taking the bike in or out, i might bang some elbows inside. 5 might be good, but i want to do 6. 6 looks like i might be able to squeeze 2 bikes in if needed, but the thing is it will leave about 6 inches on each side for the space, neighbors might be bitching comming in and out of there car. Anyway, anyone got any suggestions? Does 4 feet wide sound good? Or should it be wider, it would be nice to fit 2 bikes in there. At one point i might say, fuck it, lets make this fucker 12 feet long and take up the whole space, haha, that would look just too awkward though.

#10 ·
BallHawk3 said:
thats too costly honestly, running that much monthly. With this...if they tear it down..it will be damn near impossible to move it with all the surrounding cars unless there is no car parked infront of the box. anyway......pictures of the driveway....

went out did measurements....the space is about 7.5 feet wide and about 14.5 feet long. If i build the box with the currently length, 8 feet it will take up half the space if i push it to the cinder block. Anyway, so far i decieded, the height will stay at 6 feet, the length will stay 8, no point in making it longer unless i wanna take up the whole space. Anyway i'm decieding on the width, i'm thinking 4 feet might not be enough, especially when taking the bike in or out, i might bang some elbows inside. 5 might be good, but i want to do 6. 6 looks like i might be able to squeeze 2 bikes in if needed, but the thing is it will leave about 6 inches on each side for the space, neighbors might be bitching comming in and out of there car. Anyway, anyone got any suggestions? Does 4 feet wide sound good? Or should it be wider, it would be nice to fit 2 bikes in there. At one point i might say, fuck it, lets make this fucker 12 feet long and take up the whole space, haha, that would look just too awkward though.
Have you gotten the apartment managers approval to do this yet?

#11 ·
Fuck the manager approval.....i could care less, they can suck my dick for all i care. After my car was jacked, the shell was parked in the garage, they told me to get ride of it....i told them to fuck off and its there fault it looks like that. If they can work on better security like everyone has been suggesting for the past 2 years, honestly, i wouldn't be suprised if it was them stealing all the cars. They already got about 2 lawsuits of two residents whos cars were stolen. But really, fuck the management, they better not bitch and complain. Besides someone else has built something like this but its on wheels. It takes about half there parking space and i dunno what they keep in there, honestly i looks like a popcorn stand and its been sitting there for a year. Fuck the management, its our parking space. :2hard

Anyway, quick blueprint i drew up on paint. You guys get the idea! Enjoy!

#12 ·
Another idea

WHen I moved 2 yrs ago I bought a covered trailer to store my bike in until I rented a house with a garge. Think about it might have many more uses. Then a shed. Just my .02 worth.

#15 ·
BallHawk3 said:
Fuck the manager approval.....i could care less, they can suck my dick for all i care. After my car was jacked, the shell was parked in the garage, they told me to get ride of it....i told them to fuck off and its there fault it looks like that. If they can work on better security like everyone has been suggesting for the past 2 years, honestly, i wouldn't be suprised if it was them stealing all the cars. They already got about 2 lawsuits of two residents whos cars were stolen. But really, fuck the management, they better not bitch and complain. Besides someone else has built something like this but its on wheels. It takes about half there parking space and i dunno what they keep in there, honestly i looks like a popcorn stand and its been sitting there for a year. Fuck the management, its our parking space. :2hard

Anyway, quick blueprint i drew up on paint. You guys get the idea! Enjoy!

Well you just don't want them trying to evict you from the apartment because you built that. but if you wanna risk it, its your ass not mine so I could care less. :thumbup:

#16 ·
If they want it they are going to get it.

My father told me a story when we lived down in miami about a guy whos cars kept getting stolen. Inside the garage, had a huge guard dog 5 car alarms, low jack and some other crap. They stole it, never recovered.

Some 1/2" ply wood may slow them down but they will get it. Thats why you just buy insurance and let them deal with it.

#17 · (Edited)
JakeUSAF said:
http://www.secure-a-bike.com Not even sure if they sell these in the states but look at this. Found it in Brit Mag.
yup seen them all over the british mags. Haven't seen any in the states yet.

oh and jimbo, its still a bitch having something stolen even if u do have insurance. Tried of people not making an honest living. I don't like people messing with other peoples shit. My whole point to this is yes to have a safe place for my bike and slow them down. Now think of it....why would they go through sooooooooooo much trouble just to steal my bike? Whats so special about it? When they can go find one exactly like it thats much easier to steal. The only time i really have to worry about it is when a car is not parked in front of the box at night.

#18 ·
hmmm after some hard thinking, looks like i'm gonna go with the 6feet wide. Would be better only cost me a lil more cause i have to buy about 4 extra boards, the fact home depo only had 4x8s. Well looks this this weekend is thanksgiving...forgot about that, might start it next weekend instead. Sooner the better cause this looks fun as hell.

#19 ·
You could always just buy one of the motorcycle shipping containers. Check with the companies that ship them. Maybe they have some old ones that they would sell at a nice price.

Then you could take it with you pretty easily if you move.

#21 ·
There is of course always the theory that....." The more you secure it, the most appealing it looks to a thief." Sticking it in a box where no other boxes aroung will just present a new challenge, not a deterent. Best of luck to you though. You could always just stand there with a gun all the time. :arsenal :thumbup: :headshake

#22 ·
i've never heard that theory in my life

Nothing is totally safe.....the best you can do is slow them the fuck down as much as you can and making you vehicle hell to steal, so they will think twice.

Why do you think people put shit like alarms, 2 kill switches, autolock and the club on there car. How long do you think it would take for them to steal that? You think they would try that hard when they can go down the street and get the same thing easier?

My first car was never stolen, had it for almost 2 years while all my other friends who had the same car (about 10 peeps) were all stolen, some bought it again and it got stolen, only one other person i know hasn't had his stolen yet.

#26 ·
I'll give you a $100 for it, :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.