Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright....i've read the threads on wheelies and i've been working on them for about 2 months now, ya i know pathetic! i have a 96 750 SRAD and all i can do are popcorns when i do powers. when i do 1st clutches i can bring it up but i cant hold them. its even harder in 2nd to do clutches. could it be the wait of the bike or me because on my friends newer bikes i can lift them up with ease. these are all sit downs so you wheelie masters have any suggestions for this heavy tank...GRAND MASTER WHEELIE.....HAHAHA :thumbup:

·
Banned
815 Posts
my friend had a 96 black and gold 750 SRAD holy tank slap machine! But he wheelied that thing all day. First off, most people will totally agree, don't fuck with first gear if you're just learning. Try 2nd gear clutch wheelies while sitting down and leaning back somewhat you may have to skoot your ass to the rear of the seat somewhat too depending on what you weigh I guess. You do have a heavier bike than the new one's obviously, but you'll learn how to rock it. It just takes practice, patients and balls. Not many people go out and master wheelies in a month or two although there are exceptions. I guess overall I say give it more juice when you let the clutch fly in 2nd gear.

Oh yeah and don't ask that dude GRAND MASTER WHEELIE.... he's a squid, lmao! He really rides a NORTON! lol good times, good stuff! :funny:

·
Banned
815 Posts
I was just kiddin he's a good dude!
But yeah I'm gonna say you need to be higher in the rpms in 2nd for it to snap up for ya. Not sure what speed you'd need on that bike but if you don't want to grab a handful of throttle while clutching it to get it up in 2nd you can cheat and go buy a set of gears maybe say dropping 1 in the front and adding 1 or 2 in the rear should be plenty. Just try giving it more throttle, sitting back is very key and cover your brake in case during the learning process on your bike you over juice it at least you can bring it back down with the brake. Just try not to blow ot fork seals by dropping the nose to hard. Other than that just practice.

·
Banned
815 Posts
joel said:
kman helpin ya out. I'd get it round 6000 then rev it out to 9500 and let it out with some body english and cover the brake in case. Good luck anyways :thumbup:
Good call I had no idea since those bikes were so damn heaavy if he'd need to snap it way up around say 10-5 or so for a split second let the clutch fly and then drop the rpms, if it's stock gearing anyways.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i have a 98 750 and second gear all i do is bring it up around 35mph and slide back on my seat a little (i sit down in 2nd) clutch it up to around 8k and drop the clutch and up she comes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.