Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i feel like a total idiot but i have some questions about lights for the 03 GSXR 600's for the head lights do they take H7 or H4 bulbs? what is the difference? cause on e-bay there are some headlights and they say they will only take one rather than the other ... dunno much about that stuff...

aaaaaaaaaaand here is the real stupid one. how in the hell do you get the rear seat off? it looked like there were 2 clips along the leather strap that the passanger would hold on to but i didn't wanna pry or break it so i just left it and thought i would bug you guys.

so just incase i have another case of brain farts and quiting does anyone have a manual for these things? or know where i could get one? thanks alot everyone :)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Doesn't your's have a lock on the left hand side where you can unlock your seat? I dunno much about bikes since this is my first one but the ones I have seen and played with all have a lock on the left hand side right under the seat. well not right under but you can see it once you look back there.

kre8

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
ss98kid said:
yeah i feel like a total idiot but i have some questions about lights for the 03 GSXR 600's for the head lights do they take H7 or H4 bulbs? what is the difference? cause on e-bay there are some headlights and they say they will only take one rather than the other ... dunno much about that stuff...

aaaaaaaaaaand here is the real stupid one. how in the hell do you get the rear seat off? it looked like there were 2 clips along the leather strap that the passanger would hold on to but i didn't wanna pry or break it so i just left it and thought i would bug you guys.

so just incase i have another case of brain farts and quiting does anyone have a manual for these things? or know where i could get one? thanks alot everyone :)
Headlights should be H4's, the difference between the two are H7s are single filament and H4's are dual.

The rear seat to get it off, there is a key lock just below the drivers seat on the left side(always view from sitting on the bike) stick your key in there twist and lift up on the front of the rear seat.

If you want a manual I have them on CD, PM me about it.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
skibum91 said:
Headlights should be H4's, the difference between the two are H7s are single filament and H4's are dual.

The rear seat to get it off, there is a key lock just below the drivers seat on the left side(always view from sitting on the bike) stick your key in there twist and lift up on the front of the rear seat.

If you want a manual I have them on CD, PM me about it.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
continuing on topic here, how do i get my headlight out? i want a brighter bulb but cant seem to get my hand in there to remove the rubber outer-seal

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
usdm420 said:
continuing on topic here, how do i get my headlight out? i want a brighter bulb but cant seem to get my hand in there to remove the rubber outer-seal
You have to undo the socket from the light, then just pull that rubber piece out, it is a pain, then there is a little metal clip that holds the bulb in, undo it and swing it out and the bulb will come out.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I find it just as easy to remove the whole front end to change headlights on the gixxer. You remove the 6 screws that attach it ot the lower fairing (3 on each side) then the two plastic snap clips under the nose that hold the inner fairing to the upper, and then the two bolts that hold the stay to the frame. un clip all wiring to the front end and it is off. Takes maybe 5 minutes, and is a HELL of alot easier than trying to fight squeezing your hand in there.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
I find it just as easy to remove the whole front end to change headlights on the gixxer. You remove the 6 screws that attach it ot the lower fairing (3 on each side) then the two plastic snap clips under the nose that hold the inner fairing to the upper, and then the two bolts that hold the stay to the frame. un clip all wiring to the front end and it is off. Takes maybe 5 minutes, and is a HELL of alot easier than trying to fight squeezing your hand in there.
You guys must have some really fat hands, because I don't have a problem getting it out the way it is.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
granny said:
Do you guys know where I could buy a replacement masterlink lock-clip, for a Regina 520 Chain, mine poped off somehow...
Your local motorcycle shop.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
skibum91 said:
You guys must have some really fat hands, because I don't have a problem getting it out the way it is.
Not so much hard to get in there, but hard to see what you are doing, and if it is going in right........ Then again I havnt changed my bulbs on my 03, only on my 97, maybe it got easier :headscrat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.