Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K, so went riding yesterday allll day. Lovely sunday might I add. As we were going through the canyons, the scariest shit happened to me. We were comming around a tight left turn, a little downhill and it was sloped where the like this / where its higher on the right part of the lane and goes downhill into the left part of the lane, at an angle you know what i mean. Well right before we hit the turn (still going straight) i started to slow down to prepare for the corner, was going maybe about 40mph. Used just the front brake a lil bit to slow down to about 35, then all of a sudden the bike started shaking violently back and forth. Thinking that maybe i locked up front brake or something i left off, it was still shaking violently back and forth so i held down the clutch, and applied the rear, and squeeze the front again, trying to hold the bitch still and bring her to a stop. So its still shaking back and forth and i bring it to a slow roll, trying to get it to stop and its still shaking. Finally managed to bring it to a stop, thing is still shaking! I couldn't hold it still and it just dropped over onto the left. No worries, no damage, just frame slider.

Now someone tell me what the hell happened. I confused, people riding with me dunno what the hell caused it either. Bike ran perfectly fine afterwards. I was in about 2nd gear, around 7rpms maybe. Someone said i coulda hit some rocks i didn't see, but don't remember seeing any rocks. It still suprises me it should still shake back and forth even rolling slow and stopped. Anyway have any idea? :headscrat Oh yea about 10 miles later, gas light was on. So i'm guessing i had maybe about 1.5 gallons of gas went we started riding.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dude, that's some scary shit.......I wish I had an idea for you. All I can say is.........Gremlins, F-in' Gremlins. At least there's no damage. You might be on to something there about the gas tank....Are you thinking, maybe it was sloshing around or something?

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gixxerk1 said:
Dude, that's some scary shit.......I wish I had an idea for you. All I can say is.........Gremlins, F-in' Gremlins. At least there's no damage. You might be on to something there about the gas tank....Are you thinking, maybe it was sloshing around or something?

yea possible, maybe it didn't get fuel so it was pingin around. Well I didn't hear anything wierd thing or unusual. Damn maybe i shoulda killed the engine.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Was it just mad head shake or was the whole bike(motor) shaking? When i first got my dirtbike the front forks weren't set up even and i would get really bad head shake. A friend of mine stunts his bike and his fork seals were blown and leaked and if he let go of his bars he would get some pretty wicked head shake. My front tire was shot and worn really funny when i first got my gsxr, i was coming up to a red light just slowing with the engine, let go of the bars and sit up to kinda stretch my back and i got some pretty bad head shake, stopped with new tire though. It sounds like it could be a number of things. I would just go through the front and check to be sure everything is torqued right, tire is at right pressure and in good shape. You are lucky you or your bike didnt get messed up. Another guy i know went into a tank slapper at about 65-70 after doing a wheelie, broke his collar bone and was missing a good bit of skin afterwords.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i remeber riding with one of my friends in his car one day and it was going fine then all of a sudden the car shook like mad so he turned it off and swore a bluestreak over not knowing why it keeps doing that every so often.Turns it back on and its fine....later he found out that he had a loose engine mount that would sometimes let the engine move around violently....dont have a clue if thats a possibility for a bike tho?

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm not sure, but it honestly felt like the whole bike was shaking, i thought it was the rear tire at first, but i wasn't even on the rear brake when that happened.

Thing is, its never done this before, this is the only time and after that happened i kept on riding. For about another good 80 miles, through the canyons and streets and freeway. I wasn't pushing the bike hard at all when that happened. So yea...it just beats me what the hell happened.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It sounds like either you down shifted or locked the back brake but I couldn't tell you for sure. Check your chain and brakes before riding again. Make sure there are no gashes in your chain and it is set to the right tension. You might want to ask motojoe or ski. They may can tell you what happened.

·
Registered
320 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
didn't down shift at all! And i wasn't on the rear brake when it started shaking. I've locked the rear before and nothing like that has ever happened. SOme violet wobbling back and forth.

Check your chain for gashes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.