Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Read all about them
Awesome. I think I am going to buy one. I am just about sold on it. I would like to know my real speed, and I can nail the gas accordingly to speed up accordingly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, the 600's do not have speed limiters. They are power limited..meaning they do not have enough engine power to go to redline in 6th gear.

As far as i know, only 1000's and busa's have actual speed limiters.
Can u do something about the engine power? It seems like my doesn’t have the get up it should

·
Super Moderator
8,776 Posts
Can u do something about the engine power? It seems like my doesn’t have the get up it should
Welcome. If you have a specific mechanical issue, start a new thread in the tech section describing your problem. We will need more than "doesn't have the get up it should".

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
And while we're here still- I have the Speed DRD- it's a speedo 'healer'. You have to program it. I used my phones speedo GPS to calibrate it.
It somes with instructions on how to do it- I did it- not too difficult to figure out.
Now, my bikes speedo reads about 1-2 MPH under Real speed- gps- from 30-175ish. No good roads around here to safely get more, not for me anyways.

It's a direct plug in to the speed sensor. plug, program, play.

It's really small, and stays under the seat area.

Nothing is mounted anywhere- but it doesn't keep the Max speed, etc. like this GPS unit does.

It was ~ $65- I got it when I did my 190/55 rear tire, with a -1/+1 520 chain conversion.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts