Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on guys, Im a proud owner of a 2003 GSXR-600 just got it yesterday. First Time Rider.

Im having a little problem, the mph doesnt show up its stays a 0mph. Ive done some searching and i came up with a bad sensor? I just want to know if i was right or if not could you guys help me out a bit. Like i said i just got the bike so telling me where the sensor would be, would be great. Also if it is that i have found one for 24 bucks shipped used is that a decent price for one?

Thanks
Nico

·
The Honey Badger
11,974 Posts
You should open the front sprocket cover so you can check both sensor and the speed sensor nut.
Get your manual http://servicemanualsgsxr.com/
What he said

Do you have a speedometer correction device? Could be hooked up wrong, if you do. Was this a known issue when you bought the bike or did it happen after?

·
The Dude
4,386 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This is the sensor looks alright to me but i dont know to much

I lifted the tank and everything looks good i think its just the sensor. idk

·
The Bestest Racer
3,027 Posts
No way to tell if the sensor is good just by looking at it. See if you can peek in the hole and make sure the pickup is OK (Looks like a 4-point square with a bolt in the center.)

Follow the wiring for the speed sensor up and make sure its plugged in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No way to tell if the sensor is good just by looking at it. See if you can peek in the hole and make sure the pickup is OK (Looks like a 4-point square with a bolt in the center.)

Follow the wiring for the speed sensor up and make sure its plugged in.
what i meant by it looked good was the sensor was plugged in up top. ill check tomorrow

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
i had this same problem with my 02 600. check the wire connections under the headlight. should be two different pin connections. one of the rubber seals was missing on mine, and whenever there was a little moisture in the air i would lose my low beam and speedo.:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts