Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the bike a few weeks ago.. loving it..

I was traveling down a road today where there was one of those police signs that show your speed and say SLOW DOWN if you go over the limit. It showed my speed at 30, but my speedo said 35. Is this a silly slip up? I went back and tried it the other way, sure enough.. same thing. The bike is an 05 750, and I was wondering if maybe the previous owner had possibly changed the sprockets.. Any way of knowing how or what was done? I don't know how many teeth is stock, and I "really" don't feel like counting them unless it is not something that maybe speedo related. Any ideas?

·
Registered
582 Posts
perfectly normal bro, my RF900 would fluctuate whereas if i was running 55 it was spot on but around 90 it would be off by 4-5mph then as it went faster the more it was off. My 01 1000 is off at 5mph across the board! all of this was confirmed with a GPS on the bike, dont trust those radar trailers too much as they are notoriously wrong!
You could buy a speedo healer but I can subtract 5 pretty good so I will save the cash!
hope this helps

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Actually most odometers are fairly accurate, just the speed indication is off and this error is built in intentionally by the manufactures but this can be corrected with a Speedohealer or YellowBox.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.