Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my speedo meter stop working again .2 questions.why does it keep going out?also how do I get 12v to my speedo sensor connection. Posted 3/18/21.help thank you.

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Have you checked the connector where the dash plugs into the harness? Are you losing all the dash or just the speedometer?

Reactions: rv6john

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes dash is working just no mph.im not get 12v where my speedo sensor connects under gas tank.any ideas? Its gone out before I replaced the sensor in the past.so I bought another one and it still didn't work .so I tested connection im not getting the 12v. Thanks

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
I couldn’t find an ‘03 wiring schematic but the 02 is likely very similar. When you are testing which plug are you checking? In this case the power at that point is on the B/W wire in the plug coming from the speedometer. The plug on the sensor will be dead.

If you go to Carlsalter.com you can download the ‘02 manual. The troubleshooting instructions are in section 7-35 and the wiring diagram is page 44.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
There commonly is a B/R lead with 12 V to the sensor. You can check it at the sensor connector (with the bike on). If it's not 12 V, one or more contacts on the connector between the main and front harnesses are probably failing. That's fairly common on bikes of your vintage. There's probably a big connector with a sheath inside the left front cowl. But the location and details can vary and I don't have your manual. Look for the B/R and P leads. There's also a B/W ground lead but you'd have bigger problems if it was bad. You can also check at the cluster connector.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
  • Thank you for your replies. I do have the manual. I've tested where speedo sensor gets connected with key on i get 3volts.tomorrow all gohead remove fairings to check all connectors maybe I over looked something. ..thanks again you guys:cautious:(y).all let you guys oknow if find .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts