Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Post in the tech area and performance and you will get a answer. I will not answer on this post :cool:
also what yr bike make model (i know 600)

·
Registered
55 Posts
down one in the front and up three the rear if all you want to do is wheelies. I would not go any lower then that. But that is just me.

I guy here in odessa put a 72 tooth in the rear and it would come up in 6th from 5 mph.But his bike toppend went to shit and he had to start off in thrid instead of first. He blow his motor in about a month though.

BTW stock gearing on the front is a 16 tooth. I do not know what the stock gearing on the rear is.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks to all you gsxr peeps

well i happen to take one down in the front its ok but i want more,--so im gonna go with the 2 up in the back-----do you thimk ill be able to keep my stock chain?? the bike has almost 4,000 miles on it?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
yea, you will be able to keep the stock chain.

·
Registered
543 Posts
honestly -2/+2R is too much, -1F/+1R is perfect and my 600 will come up outta 3rd with no bounce, just so you know it's a 15/46 setup, but it's your money so do some research and do it the way you wan't. goodluck, KRUM

·
Registered
37 Posts
Weight and Sprocket choice

rkrummel01 said:
honestly -2/+2R is too much, -1F/+1R is perfect and my 600 will come up outta 3rd with no bounce, just so you know it's a 15/46 setup, but it's your money so do some research and do it the way you wan't. goodluck, KRUM

how much does body weight have to do with your choice of F/R sprocket geared for wheelies. i very between 195-210 throughout the year. i find it somewhat easy to get-up with stock sprockets, but am looking for more speed and longer rides..lemme know. :arsenal

·
Registered
543 Posts
if your gear ratio goes too high yes, it will come up hella easy but for short distances because of the rev limiter, i'm 160lbs on a 03' 600 w/ -1/+1 and it will come up out of third and give me the distance that i am looking for and be able to hold it down the interstate, not to say that is safe but thats just what i like, i'd say the great thing about sprockets especially the front one is there not to expensive so you can get a few and find the specific setup for your type of riding, and as for weight, really shouldn't make too much of a difference sence your weight is shifted toward the rear of the bike before lift-off, so i'd say if your gonna go up in ratio don't go too high if it's distance your looking for, just what i've learned from my wheelies. :thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
4shizzle dizzle....man i was ought in vegas 2 weeks ago and it was hella cold out there, i didn't expect the desert to be cold but i found out i was wrong that week, bet the bikes run great out there when it's cold and dry, it gets cold down here in new orleans but stays humid. anyways glad i could help bro...peace...KRUM :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.