Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Post in the tech area and performance and you will get a answer. I will not answer on this post :cool:
also what yr bike make model (i know 600)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sprocket ters

it an 03 and i wanna pop mad wheelies like in third so i can ride the f*** out of them---

·
Registered
600 Posts
whtthundysc said:
it an 03 and i wanna pop mad wheelies like in third so i can ride the f*** out of them---

practice practice practice you should be able to pop 3rd gear wheelies...just not as easily as on the 750/1k

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Can Ride Wheelies It's Just You Went Off The Topic Of What I Was Trying To Ask About----------how Many Down In Front,-------how Many Up In The Back

·
Registered
55 Posts
down one in the front and up three the rear if all you want to do is wheelies. I would not go any lower then that. But that is just me.

I guy here in odessa put a 72 tooth in the rear and it would come up in 6th from 5 mph.But his bike toppend went to shit and he had to start off in thrid instead of first. He blow his motor in about a month though.

BTW stock gearing on the front is a 16 tooth. I do not know what the stock gearing on the rear is.

·
Registered
104 Posts
King of Wheelies

put a 14/48 and You'll be known as the King of Wheelies, remember Torque nor speed is what keep your front wheel in the air..

Ride Safe............ :thumbup:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks to all you gsxr peeps

well i happen to take one down in the front its ok but i want more,--so im gonna go with the 2 up in the back-----do you thimk ill be able to keep my stock chain?? the bike has almost 4,000 miles on it?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
yea, you will be able to keep the stock chain.

·
Registered
55 Posts
4,000 miles on chain... I get about 8 to 10,000 miles out of my chain. I dont know is that is good or bad though. But going up two in the rear should be ok with the stock chain since you went down one on the front.

·
Registered
543 Posts
honestly -2/+2R is too much, -1F/+1R is perfect and my 600 will come up outta 3rd with no bounce, just so you know it's a 15/46 setup, but it's your money so do some research and do it the way you wan't. goodluck, KRUM

·
Registered
37 Posts
Weight and Sprocket choice

rkrummel01 said:
honestly -2/+2R is too much, -1F/+1R is perfect and my 600 will come up outta 3rd with no bounce, just so you know it's a 15/46 setup, but it's your money so do some research and do it the way you wan't. goodluck, KRUM

how much does body weight have to do with your choice of F/R sprocket geared for wheelies. i very between 195-210 throughout the year. i find it somewhat easy to get-up with stock sprockets, but am looking for more speed and longer rides..lemme know. :arsenal

·
Registered
543 Posts
if your gear ratio goes too high yes, it will come up hella easy but for short distances because of the rev limiter, i'm 160lbs on a 03' 600 w/ -1/+1 and it will come up out of third and give me the distance that i am looking for and be able to hold it down the interstate, not to say that is safe but thats just what i like, i'd say the great thing about sprockets especially the front one is there not to expensive so you can get a few and find the specific setup for your type of riding, and as for weight, really shouldn't make too much of a difference sence your weight is shifted toward the rear of the bike before lift-off, so i'd say if your gonna go up in ratio don't go too high if it's distance your looking for, just what i've learned from my wheelies. :thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
4shizzle dizzle....man i was ought in vegas 2 weeks ago and it was hella cold out there, i didn't expect the desert to be cold but i found out i was wrong that week, bet the bikes run great out there when it's cold and dry, it gets cold down here in new orleans but stays humid. anyways glad i could help bro...peace...KRUM :thumbup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cold and Fast

Hella crisp throttle when it is cold. F*ckin rips down the 215 freeway at night. It's alot of fun year 'round for the most part. Been raining the past few days but got a chance to ride yesterday and today.

·
Registered
543 Posts
i didn't see a cloud the whole time we where there, and it's been raining evry day here since we got home....i just wanna ride....come on sun, shine for me :bowdown:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts