Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:headshake :headshake :headshake My rear brakes are squeaking like hell I need help!!! I just dont know why they are squeaking at low or high speed. Do they just need cleaning or did i not brake them in right?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Mine do the same thing. I cleaned them with brake cleaner and they stopped...for about 10 miles. I think I need them to be cleaned by someone who know what they're doing.
AJ

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Are you guys using organic pads? If so, they sweak more than usual

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
egsxr600 said:
:headshake :headshake :headshake My rear brakes are squeaking like hell I need help!!! I just dont know why they are squeaking at low or high speed. Do they just need cleaning or did i not brake them in right?
Did you prep your rotors before changing the pads out?

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Hammy said:
My Ducati did the same thing. I'd cleaned the rotor with acetone and alcohol, still made noise. I replaced the pads with HH+ pads, problem solved. :thumbup:
Rotors should be prepped by either wetsanding or bead blasting. By doing so you are giving the new pads a clean surface to bed-in. Also, if you get heat spots on your rotors (common in track riding) you can also just use a little wetsand to get them off. Some guys will even lightly sand their brake pads to clean them off to re-bed them.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maybe i should try wet sanding it. mind though that its a new bike and it only has 800 miles on it. I might have to replace the back pads with metallic ones. Where can I get them for 05 600?? :hmmm: :headscrat

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i put HH pads on it.

Hey guys I just put some new pads on the bike and it still freaking squeeks like hell. I dont know what else to do. I did the wet sanding deal and that didnt work. do I need to replace the rotor??? :rant: :wtf:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Is it squeaking or is it singing? My rear disk sings if I put about 2/3 pressure on the pedal, it stops if I lighten up or if I press harder. It's just an anomale of those bikes to pick up a harmonic vibration at a certain rear brake pressure.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Just use more brake. My front brakes never squeaked that I can remember when I still had the stock pads in. My rear brake will only squeak if I haven't used it for a while and I'm using it very gently. When I put EBC pads in the front they started squeaking quite a bit. I started stopping harder and the squeaking went away. You don't have to use maximum braking power, just a bit more than a normal car driver uses. Nowadays if I am stuck riding in traffic for a while they will start squeaking again because I can't use enough brake without risking getting rearended. But when I get out of traffic all it takes is one good stop and they stop squeaking again. Your mileage may vary.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
What pads are you using? Metallic or organic?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
using metallic.

Well i know what your saying about the singing niose.. but its squealing still. I would like to just replace the rotor also but it cost some money :headshake . I think i'll just give my bike away :thumbup: :headscrat :hmmm:

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
egsxr600 said:
Well i know what your saying about the singing niose.. but its squealing still. I would like to just replace the rotor also but it cost some money :headshake . I think i'll just give my bike away :thumbup: :headscrat :hmmm:
:lol: I'll take her, I need a new race bike for next season. Don't give up, it's either the rotor or pads. Either way a cheap fix really. Rear rotor on ebay is cheap $25-$35 and pads are $25-$40 depending on brand and you only need one set for the rear anyways. By the way, what brand are they?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.