Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bike will not start.:headscrat
tried jumping it. nothing. changeed oil out. nothing.

i just need ideas here guys. i turn the ignition switch to on position and everything seams normal. fuel pump engages and all but when i press button to fire it up, nothing happens. where do i go from here?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
LOL!! Do you use the cut off switch or do you use the keys to turn off the engine? Is it parked in the rain usually?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
never left in the rain and i use the cut off switch.
i'm running out of ideas here and i really don't want to pay for a mechanic to bs me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just out of curiosity, have you adjusted the clutch lever? Do you have shorty's on your bike?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
didn't adjust anything. there was an oil leak so i added oil to try and figure out where it was coming from. the bike died a couple of times while riding but started back up after a minute or two. the last time it died i was doing maybe 45 in 2nd gear and it died for the last time. hasn't started yet

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you can hear the furl pump engage and the starter trying to turn over but it just won't fire. kickstand is in and it's in nuetral every time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would try checking the fuse box. It could be a loose fuse. try looking at all of the wiring as well maybe its ghetto rigged some were without anything covering it. check behid the guages to look at the wires.

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
is this not the same bike you posted up that is a non titled track bike without a vin#? you get what you pay for man :headshake

i suggest you take it in and have it looked at. not knowing what the previous owner did to it, you might chase mechanical/electrical problems forever if your not sure what to do.

if its a track bike you should start with the kickstand relay, clutch relay, kill switch, ignition switch, wiring harness connections etc, if he hacked the wiring it cound be a million different things..but be prepared to get nickle and dimed to death.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is this not the same bike you posted up that is a non titled track bike without a vin#? you get what you pay for man :headshake

i suggest you take it in and have it looked at. not knowing what the previous owner did to it, you might chase mechanical/electrical problems forever if your not sure what to do.

if its a track bike you should start with the kickstand relay, clutch relay, kill switch, ignition switch, wiring harness connections etc, if he hacked the wiring it cound be a million different things..but be prepared to get nickle and dimed to death.
it will not be brought to a mechanic, and i stand by that. no matter how long it takes me. lol
thanks everybody. i think i got enough ideas for to to start some trial and error. ill keep you updated!

lets do it! :arsenal

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
it will not be brought to a mechanic, and i stand by that.
Not the best attitude dude, I know this by experience. If you stand by this you might as well dig a hole and throw money down it till you have run out then bite the bullet and take it to a pro who has the kit and equipment to diagnose and repair!!:infrandom

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.