Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is rebuilding a 05 gsxr 600 and has a issue with the fairings rubbing on the front wheel. He can’t even add the center fairing that sits behind the wheel and connects both side fairings. He sent me this pic and I don’t recall the 04-05 ever being offered with a silver/polished set of forks. To me they look like they srad 750 forks. Can anyone confirm this?
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
1,651 Posts
To start, I am in no way able to tell you what forks are on it in that picture. But, even if they are forks from another nike, they are still just straight sticks, and wouldn't bring the wheel in any closer to the bike. Either a bent frame, or the wrong triples (and possibly forks then) could be responsible for that. Lastly would be bent forks, but that should be more obvious to the eye. Just my first thoughts looking at it.

Reactions: MonkeyButt

·
Alpha Canuck
28,590 Posts
I agree with Spyder. Damage that would move the wheel back that far should be painfully obvious. If the fork tubes are straight and the frame is not damaged around the headstock you have the wrong triples.

Even if you did manage to get the fairings to fit the geometry is gonna be garbage and your handling will be unpredictable at best.

Reactions: Spyder13

·
Registered
9 Posts
To start, I am in no way able to tell you what forks are on it in that picture. But, even if they are forks from another nike, they are still just straight sticks, and wouldn't bring the wheel in any closer to the bike. Either a bent frame, or the wrong triples (and possibly forks then) could be responsible for that. Lastly would be bent forks, but that should be more obvious to the eye. Just my first thoughts looking at it.
I agree that is a rake issue, triple clamps, bent frame, not forks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts