Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Couldn't find any posts on this by searching, so apologize if this is a repost. I have some stains on my exhaust. Looks like some kind of liquid that had dripped on it from somewhere and when I turned the bike on and rode it, it burned into it.

Anyway of removing it?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Lose the whale dick and get a new exhaust?
Or try using wheel cleaner
haha. That thing is a whale dick. I am looking for a new exhaust, but in the mean time.

I did try cleaning it with simple green, wheel cleaner and a wax also, but no luck. I have attached a couple of pictures of it. Anyone know what that is from?

Also, how do I insert pictures in my posts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I know it looks good but stop nuttin on it.. j/j try simple green with a damp rag
This guy lmao :laughingr

Have you ever heard of the product "Goof off"? That stuff will probably do the trick but you need to be careful that once you take off that stain you don't keep going onto the exhaust because it might leave a blemish. GL with that and +1 on gettin a new pipe on that scoot asap!

·
Registered
463 Posts
try and find the 3m product.. not sure what its called exactly.. i used it to get scratches out of clear coat.. it has a mild grid in it so it only takes off surface blemishes and nothin else..

and as far as the pics go.. take the 10 mins to create a photobucket account and then once they are on there you can post the IMG link right into the post and they show up..

GL with the pipe..

·
Registered
92 Posts
engine degreaser aka diesel fuel will work good if its an oil stain. oven cleaner works good but can discolor. naval jelly works good but dont use it on aluminum or else you can get some nasty stains. what i have found works best though is some wrights silver polish

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.