Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from the inventor/original owner of the dynojet company. he sold his company and they pissed him off, because of high prices and crappy products,so he is now there competition! This is a stand alone fuel management system for bikes and they only cost 189.00!!! These things smoke the power commander (Which he also invented)!!!! These things run off of all the sensors and corrects tuning automatically. So say you are going to go ride in the mountains and now your elevation is different, it corrects it check out this site!!.......... man i should be getting commission for this............ I am just really impressed with this product. http://techlusion.com/

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
This product has been known for a while. Still the Power Commander has been the standard. The PC has been used for years and found to be reliable and very tuneable. With the debute of the Wideband, PCIII-USB, and quick shifter accessories, the PC will still be the dominate force in FI sportbikes. You can get the PC for the same price IF you know where to look. I got mine for $145 shipped about 3 years ago and still using the same unit.

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i personally am not a power commander fan, due to the fact that it allows the possiblity of people who dont know what they are doing to run there bike way too lean, Plus it allows you to tune your own bike but to get it right you have to put it on a dyno (which also tunes your bikes ecu itself) . I mean whats the point? Buy a power commander for 145.00 you say( probably used) plus spend an additional 250.00 for dyno tuning, and then not be able to add more performance parts unless you want to spend another 250.00 on dyno tuning again. just sounds like too much guessing tome and not to mention money,and besides this guy invented both of them and this is better than the first one he made. I am not into buying a raped name brand,especially when the inventor for one, doesnt like it any more ,and for two, has admitted to making a better product, and for three, its cheaper.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
$145 was NEW and ordered from the Dynojets website and they sold them at that price for a couple of months back about 3-3 1/2 yrs ago. Unless you have a way to measure the gases in the exhaust at your house (and I doubt you do) you have NO WAY of tuning any aftermarket device, you are only guessing. Also, unless the Techlusion has a way to measure the gases "on the fly" so to speak, then there is no way the Techlusion can be self tuning. The guy who supposedly invented the Techlusion box also supposedly came up with the TEKA which is reportedly superior to the PC because the guy said the PC has inferior connectors resulting in a delay of the electronic signal from the PC to the ECU. If the Techlusion or TEKA was or is so superior compared to the PC than we would be seeing them all over the club racing circuit and AMA. Since we don't see them there... :hmmm: ...makes you wonder how good they are afterall. Let's see what Motojoe says also about this topic.

Oh, by the way, dynos don't map stock ECUs, you need some sort of TEKA, PC, Yosh box, Techlusion. This was clarified a long time ago. Mapping should never cost more than $200, not $250

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
ssblugsr said:
145.00 where? :bounce
It was years ago on Dynojets website. People on Gixxer.com were going crazy buying these things when the word got out.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
trixxergixxer said:
two words.............its new! :hmmm:
The Techlusion has been around at least 3 years. Not saying it is a bad product but of course he is going to say it is the best thing since sliced bread. It Would not be very good sales practice to say it was only "as good" as the competition.

He doesn't really talk about HOW it works except to say that it ONLY adds fuel. There are places on the stock curve that the air to fuel ratio is too rich as well. Plus not every bike is the same. I would do some more research before spending my money on it. It is like the G-Pack -vs- the homemade TRE. They are virtually the same thing but the G-Pack claims it is the "Best". The Homemade version costs 5.00 and the GPack cost ??More

He also states that his product is like Jetting a Carburator. I hope not, Jetting a carburator is not an exact science across all of the gears and RPM ranges. Ask any pro tuner that question. If it were, motorcycles would probably still be carburated.

I also cannot find a Torque/HP curve on his website (that could be due to me not looking hard enough). Air to fuel ratio is important but since gaining HP and flattening the HP/torque curves are the ultimate goal it seems like that would be one of his selling points. :headscrat

Would anyone like to buy some Hair tonic/health elixir ;)

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Its okay system but will not be better than a Power commander and you can not discrediit something just because you can mess it. That is operator error

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whatsup audi. hadnt heard from you for a while. the simple fact still remains that ama riders dyno tune there bikes all the time and people like me dont exactly have that luxury so the tech box sounds good to me. I emailed techlusion support to check out this thread, so hopefully they will have something to say.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
trixxergixxer said:
whatsup audi. hadnt heard from you for a while. the simple fact still remains that ama riders dyno tune there bikes all the time and people like me dont exactly have that luxury so the tech box sounds good to me. I emailed techlusion support to check out this thread, so hopefully they will have something to say.
What is up... Hey I think that the box is the same as the MPS/A&J nitrous controller without the WOT mode make up I hear you on ease of use function though :thumbup:

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
I noticed when doing some searching on the Techlusion that most bike shops carrying the product, endorsing, or "hyping" it are mostly cruiser/Harley shops. Not saying it's just for cruisers but I'm not seeing some of the bigger name performance shops for racing or sportbikes carrying it.

Reactions: ryan750gsxr02
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.