Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...2001 GSXR 1000....

i go to start the bike, hit the starter button and it engages and sometimes it doesnt make it any noise but most of the time it will make a grinding noise and then lock up....in which i have to let go of the button and hit it again and hope it doesnt grind/lock again

i was pulled over with some guys and went to start my bike, the grinding happened and a guy came up and told me its the starter shaft or something...i can remember but he said it was common problem and it cost 150 bucks or i can find one off a 600 to replace it with

anyone know whats going out with my bike???

THANKS

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Caper said:
hey guys...2001 GSXR 1000....

i go to start the bike, hit the starter button and it engages and sometimes it doesnt make it any noise but most of the time it will make a grinding noise and then lock up....in which i have to let go of the button and hit it again and hope it doesnt grind/lock again

i was pulled over with some guys and went to start my bike, the grinding happened and a guy came up and told me its the starter shaft or something...i can remember but he said it was common problem and it cost 150 bucks or i can find one off a 600 to replace it with

anyone know whats going out with my bike???

THANKS
Sounds like the starter clutch to me.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Pull off the starter clutch cover, the black cover on the right side of the bike, above the big clutch cover, you should be able to see if any of the gears are grinding and go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.