Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume there is something that tells the computer when the clutch is pulled in so it can be started, correct?

My bike doesn't want to start sometimes, but if i grab the clutch and squeeze it quickly and all the way, it seems to be able to start. Like before I do that, I push the ignition and nothing...

What gives?!?:shifty

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
Yes there is a switch for that and a switch for the kick stand. What bike we talkin about here? I never looked into disabling or playing with either switch never even bothered to locate the wires or anything for the clutch one. After market levers? On my gfs bike after putting on adjustable levers I had to adjust the clutch and levers some. She likes the lever in close to her hand since her hands are tiny but she "two fingers" the clutch. It wouldnt engage enough to start the bike.

Any way, what Im saying is, its possible your right but I can think of a few more things too, so help us out with a lil more info please.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2004 GSXR 600

Stock levers.

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
Well sorry no one else has responded and I forgot to look at my bike today to find if the switch is up near the lever or some where in the or near the clutch but I guess as a start you could look for and check that out. Id prolly start with that, if it looked functional Id prolly bypass it and see if that solved the problem.

Just what Id do, dont know if its best. Ill look for it on my bike tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts