Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, that looks fine and as long as the bars move smoothly lock to lock there is no damage.

What year? If they dropped it on both sides in 49 miles, they needed to sell it for their own health.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, that looks fine and as long as the bars move smoothly lock to lock there is no damage.

What year? If they dropped it on both sides in 49 miles, they needed to sell it for their own health.
It's a 17. And thanks for the input, I feel better riding it now. And no it steers really smoothly everything seems okay about it honestly

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
Wow, good looking bike! It looks like the drops were pretty minor.

That is a virgin bike that still has the side reflectors and factory rear fender!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, good looking bike! It looks like the drops were pretty minor.

That is a virgin bike that still has the side reflectors and factory rear fender!
Oh man I absolutely love it! I do want to take that fender off in the back and get something less obtrusive looking. I'm not looking to mod it all out. The two main things I want to do is take that license plate fender off and put black gsx-r decals on it. I don't like the fact that the rims are red and the "R" is orangish. It bothers me a bit. But I'm gonna put all the OEM parts in my storage for when I'm ready to turn it in for a 1000. But I wanted a 600 to learn and get really familiar

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
Oh man I absolutely love it! I do want to take that fender off in the back and get something less obtrusive looking. I'm not looking to mod it all out. The two main things I want to do is take that license plate fender off and put black gsx-r decals on it. I don't like the fact that the rims are red and the "R" is orangish. It bothers me a bit. But I'm gonna put all the OEM parts in my storage for when I'm ready to turn it in for a 1000. But I wanted a 600 to learn and get really familiar
As you learn the bike, you will find that few can ride it to it's limits. A 1k is also nimble in the right hands but the only benefit is straight line acceleration.

Reactions: Jimmy boy

·
Super Moderator
1,469 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I love the flat black gsxr bc it’s like a blank canvas for colorful accessories.

You did the previous owner a favor by buying this bike from him at 49 miles. I feel like a lot of people buy these bikes bc of how they look (sexy). Then they ride it and realize that it’s WAY too much for them to handle without the thought of accidentally killing themselves.

I recommend the TST fender eliminator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks lovely, and the steering damper is fine. If you grab it, it is meant to wobble about a bit, if that is any concern, there is an eye rod end bearing in there, holding it to the frame.

Don't believe the 600 is 'just a small learners bike'. Keep the revs, thus power, low for a while, like several months! There is no rush to trying to prove yourself to an imaginary rider behind you, else you might end up dropping it too.

(PS, you WILL drop a bike one day. Try for it not to be this beauty.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts