Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a stereo on their bike. I would like to know what you have or what kind of set up you're running. I'm interested in putting one on mine just because I don't like wearing headphones. Any help would be great.

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Most Goldwings have them in the console.

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
Dont be ghey.

You wont hear if you actually ride your bike the way its supposed to be ridden any how.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes this thread is happening and I'm actually looking for useful advice I can use. Many sportsbikes have stereos just trying to figure out the best set up.

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
and those "many" usually include by 1,219 LED lights with 134 diff blinking patterns, big fiberglassed heads of a tiger or sports figure, 73" stretches, semi truck sized back tires, back up cameras and sub woofers.

So not ridden like its supposed to be, like I said.

Serious help...Ive never seen a ready made mount for a radio on a sport bike. The few times Ive seen it (rare and always ghey btw) they have had them glassed into the tank or similar and then you still have to mount the speakers. Long time ago on this site (sadly) a fellow put one on his bike. Blocked his gauge cluster with the deck and stuffed the speakers in under the wind screen. HIGHLY not recommended.

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
It is not common, at least on this site. Survivor Man Les Stroud once listed posting a thread about radios in a sportbike forum as a sure way to get flames. It is only to be used in dire circumstances as a last resort.

Find a customizing forum for a better answer. Possibly a deal on some kickin K-Swis too.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I don't even listen to music anymore. I wear earplugs. I don't want the extra distraction from getting into an awesome song.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
OK man, no offense, but if you want a stereo in your ride then bling out a cruiser. SS bikes are to be ridden hard and most people that do that to their bike are nothing but parking lot queens. Waste of an excellent bike and you will get very little respect for that here.

That said, I once saw a guy that has a custom box and small sub mounted where the rear cowl goes. The tweeters were installed in the small fairing pieces right under the gas tank. Have no clue about the wiring or power requirements.
He wrecked his bike shortly thereafter when he tried to ride the twisties with a group of guys cause it finally hit him what his bike was designed for. Unfortunately for him, sitting at his local Starbucks and outside his local clubs looking "cool" didn't give home the prerequisite skills

Hope that helped....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
983 Posts
Well... um, you'll need a better alternator and regulator if you want to run something you can actually hear. A small 250 watt system will pull 20 amps. That's almost all of the breathing room left in your charging system.

As far as placing it, you'll just have to glass it in somewhere. Most people here couldn't provide much help as we tend to ride/race bikes not make show bikes. Personally, I haven't run music in my helmet since my failed attempt with a sena system. I didn't even miss it on a 2 day cycle trip. Talked to myself alot though. :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I'm not trying to highly modify my bike. No stretch or any stupid shit like that. A head unit is not needed all you need to do is have a setup where you can plug in an mp3 player, ipod , or phone.all I'm looking for is some tunes to listen to while I ride. And srad600 you can't always ride like a bike is supposed to be ridden especially when you live in a highly populated town stuck in traffic so fawk off why not listen to some music while in town

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
Ok I'm not trying to highly modify my bike. No stretch or any stupid shit like that. A head unit is not needed all you need to do is have a setup where you can plug in an mp3 player, ipod , or phone.all I'm looking for is some tunes to listen to while I ride. And srad600 you can't always ride like a bike is supposed to be ridden especially when you live in a highly populated town stuck in traffic so fawk off why not listen to some music while in town
I do listen to music. They make systems that mount inside your helmet there smarty pants.

You make a thread called "stereo on a bike" give no details about what you want and say "how do i do it" and were supposed to know you didnt mean a head unit?

I believe I am the only one to actually post a link your ricer ass can use and you tell me to fawk off?

Winnnnnning.

Buy a vespa for your trafficy commute and smooth jazz listening.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
ooooo I really hope the OP and SRAD keep going. This could get fun.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@srad600
1. Nothing you posted was useful
2."ricer ass" wth is that even supposed to mean
3. I am aware the speaker system and have considered it an option. Just looking to see what else is out there

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
1 - 20 of 68 Posts