Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddy both have same 750s.. I have an 02 and he has an 01. I had him test ride mine the other day and he said it's a lot stiffer when leaning into turns. I currently have a slightly bent frame but it is still ridable until I get this new one. Im not sure if that is causing this? or maybe my steering damper? I don't have an adjustable damper so I can't even set it to be less stiff. Anyone have any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Your stem could be too tight, he could have a different damper, or you might have a thicker weight oil in your stock one and vice versa.

Does the bike track straight? Is it harder turning one way than the other? It may just be the frame causing it.:hmmm:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just checked.. my front tire is showin about 22 psi and my rear is showing about 43... the manual says they should be 36 cold psi for both but i dont have stock tires so im not sure if its diff.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just checked.. my front tire is showin about 22 psi and my rear is showing about 43... the manual says they should be 36 cold psi for both but i dont have stock tires so im not sure if its diff.
check the side of the tire to ensure it max isnt less then 36 psi and set them both 36 psi always check max air pressure on all tires to ensure correct tread wear i set mine always 3 psi lower then max it really helps tread wear, sorry i got off topic a little but, i am a tire tech.

·
rotaredom
888,895,582 Posts
front tire is stupid and doesnt say it.. but the rear tire says 42... so should i still set both to 36?
ya, try 36 in both. if your a heavy person over 230lbs add a bit more to the back tire.

i would however for safety sake lift the front tire off the ground and start inspecting things. if its bad at the triple tree for whatever reason you could be in the OR or worse if its fawked up right :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
ya, try 36 in both. if your a heavy person over 230lbs add a bit more to the back tire.

i would however for safety sake lift the front tire off the ground and start inspecting things. if its bad at the triple tree for whatever reason you could be in the OR or worse if its fawked up right :thumbup:
+1:thumbup:

Im running the BT016's 31F and 36R make you check them cold.

Also you should be checking them each morning you plan to ride....

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hey 02gsxr_750 listen

they have these tire nubs, you screw them on the cap where you put air in, its green when the PSI is over a certain amount, and red when its below a certain amount.

You can buy one that will be green until the PSI is below 36 psi.

This way you can just look at your tire without even bending down and know if your good to ride.

·
Registered
971 Posts
or you could just do it the old fashion way and check before each ride to ensure proper pressure. what if that valve stem thing breaks and says its ok all of the time????:hmmm:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.