Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 98 600 srad with stock can i noticed that the tourqe screws are tack welded in i think i can take them out to remove the silencer maybe? but if i do that will i have any benefit im not looking for more power (it would be nice) mainly just trying to get more sound from it , its too quiet riding in town unless in first gear, and if this is possible im sure i will have to have it re-jetted right? any one done this?heard of it? or am i crazy?:headscrat

·
Registered
6 Posts
You will have to cut the tack welds with a dremel and cutoff wheel. you can open it up and do some mods to let it breath. repack it while your in there its about $12. make shure you dont hack it up inside or it will give u a raspy sound. Burs. bent edges inside make shure they are clean cuts.

·
rotaredom
888,895,582 Posts
keep the stock can and leave it alone. you can get a used after market slip on from ebay for next to nothing these days. the stock can could one day be worth more then you think.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
keep the stock can and leave it alone. you can get a used after market slip on from ebay for next to nothing these days. the stock can could one day be worth more then you think.
thanks bro i will check ebay tonight to see what they have. why do you think that the stock one might be worth something? it has scratches in it, it might not be stock but, oem replacement it says suzuki on it and it pretty plan. thanks a bunch peace:thumbup:

·
rotaredom
888,895,582 Posts
thanks bro i will check ebay tonight to see what they have. why do you think that the stock one might be worth something? it has scratches in it, it might not be stock but, oem replacement it says suzuki on it and it pretty plan. thanks a bunch peace:thumbup:
cause you have an original 98 srad, there are people that want to restore bikes like that. always keep your original stuff, just put it in a box somewhere, hang on to it. you can experiment with alot of different slip ons etc.. riders always like to mix it up....probably out of boredom then anything but i have tried at least six different slip on types till i found the one i like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok i have a 98 600 srad with stock can i noticed that the tourqe screws are tack welded in i think i can take them out to remove the silencer maybe? but if i do that will i have any benefit im not looking for more power (it would be nice) mainly just trying to get more sound from it , its too quiet riding in town unless in first gear, and if this is possible im sure i will have to have it re-jetted right? any one done this?heard of it? or am i crazy?:headscrat
yeah save that stock canister,
i know some people over at (gixxer,com) 96-99 forum, that has
done an 06 gsxr exhaust mod on to a srad 97 i think,check them out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts