Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Im no pro at stoppies but I have talked to a pro stunter about stoppies. See how your left arm is straight and your right arm is bent, thats why the bike is kicking out on you, keep those elbows locked.
agreed:thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK so what's the general consensus on technique?
I am scared of goin over because my old bike had a dodgy front tyre when I bought it - that day I went to do a stoppie down hill and locked it up while the tail was up... major dodgy! the front wheel skipped side to side down the road and my legs were flailing all over the place, somehow I stayed on but it makes me nervous to try rolling ones....

My question is: for rolling stoppies, do you get it up quick with a real hard stab at the brakes - or gradually apply more pressure and bring it up more smoothly? Cheers for any advice

·
Registered
316 Posts
Little pressure at first, after the front suspention loads up, start getting on it harder until the back tire is off the ground.
It should only take a second for all of this to occur.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Little pressure at first, after the front suspention loads up, start getting on it harder until the back tire is off the ground.
It should only take a second for all of this to occur.
Thanks mate - been getting better results now... still not confident to go close to that "balance point" - I guess that comes with practice? Or a bike you don't care about :lol:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Here is How You do it :)

me and a friend pic was taken to early we get'em a lot higher than that

or may be you guys would like this one ...

or this one :D

41 - 60 of 83 Posts