Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
nice stoppie there man. how long you been doing stunts?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah ski, I've been riding about 15yrs. but been doing stunts for the last year, I don't have any more pics of anything, since I wrecked a couple of weeks ago, It'll probably be another month before I get the bike back together, but mY repetoire consist of wheelies (stand up and seated), Jesus christ (standing on seat), stoppies, and I just got skiing on the side, right before the wreck. Oh and burn outs too, on and off the bike.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
cool man, sounds like your getting there. I'm getting my stunt bike together and will be working on the real low speed stuff.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
yea, I'm putting dirtbike bars on my bike. already have a cage welded up and 12 bar mounted up too.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
no its only a 750, but still should be fine.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
its been my streetbike for a year, race bike for 2 years and now a stunt bike, its treated my right.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do you have a throttle lock of some kind. I was learning how to ski, before my stupididty set in, I was wanting to be able to ski behind the bike, not just on the side, but I would need to lock the throttle.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
you can turn up your idle really high and that will give you enough speed, but i found a throttle lock one time that was sick, it was a bar end that compressed into the throttle to lock it. rather cool design, i'll have to try and find it again.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
what ever gear you can get it to stay abour 25-30 in would be good, maybe a tad bit faster, that why you have centrifigul force keeping the bike up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good, thanks, what I used to do was ski it to a stop then burn out around to park it, but I wanted to ski behind like a ghost rider than jump back on over the back. when I get it back together I'll give it a try

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
sounds good man, learn how to steer it from the rear first, try sitting on the rear seat while coasting and steer the bike around, get a feel for that and it should help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
roger, good advice, I've skiied around u-turns and stuff from the side, but I was just expecting to go straight (haha, go straight) from the back

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
yea, I've learned that if you just barely shift your weight on the rear it dramatically moves the front because there is hardly any weight on the front wheel.

·
Registered
543 Posts
damn 1k i still can't believe you wrecked only a few miles from my house, i was gonna make that ride with yall too, but i just woke up 2 late....i'll be out and about 2marra night if ya wanna come hang at the L-front for a while, i'm getting my stunts down pretty good now, give me a ring tomorrow if ya gonna go hang out tom. night, later bro, ROBERT :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts