Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
new to this forum.

realy need your help here, i am going nuts.
i have a suzuki gsxr 1000 k2, it ran flawless untill i removed throttlebody, i didnt pay enough attention when doing this so i removed stva, stps and the tp, yes that was a big misstake.

tp seems to work, meassured the voltage and good numbers.
stps seems dead when meassuring the ohms, but the voltage is good numbers.

when i turn the ignition on, upper butterflys opens like 20% than goes down to close possition and chatters (think u say chatter in english) for like 10 seconds, seems like stva and the stps doesnt understand eachother, like the spts just wants to keep on closing the butterflys eventhough they are closed.

is any of the stps, stva and the tp springloaded??

and yes ofcourse when reading the ohm on the stps that is one prob i have, but i am not that skilled when it comes to electrical meassuring, maybe if i assembled the parts wrong = that gives me the issues.

i havent meassured the stva yet, but will zoon.

so when assembling allt the above parts i was only focusing on the marks made from factory when it comes to the tp and the stps. tell me all misstakes i did.....and best way of where to start from where i am at now.....

appreciate all help i can get here

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Both the TPS and STPS are spring loaded. What your STVA is doing is normal when you have a STPS problem. The service manual details the installation and setting of both the TPS and STPS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh thx for the help, but do i need to load the springs manually, i have the manual but to be honest there is no information what we can see to load the springs before installing.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
You don't have to do anything other than install the sensors with the throttle valves in the correct position. The sensors are spring loaded so they go to one extreme or the other (fully open, or fully closed) when they're removed. You have to turn the throttle valves to match before reinstalling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i c, realy appreciate your feedback, yes thats the way we been working, but we think the stps might be damaged, is there anything special to think about when mounting the STVA?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts