Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i met someone who just picked up an 09 R6S (i know should have gotten a gixxer) but he lowered the back 1" and strapped the front. he leaves the strap on all the time, my ? is isnt that horrible for the bike? i thought people only used them for the track? has to handle like crap right?

·
Registered
552 Posts
If it were me id just slide the forks up an inch in the tripple clamps. I dont get the point of straps, all it does is compress your forks, cant be good for them to be pulled tight their whole life. I know they say your not supposed to put a LOT of pressure on a bike when you strap it down, so you dont blow the seals out.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think only straping it 1" would probably take a lot longer to blow out fork seals than strapping it down tight for transport. But I still wouldnt run with straps on for long if it was mine. All your doing is taking away from the travel of the suspension, making it not perform as well. Why dosnt he just slide the forks up in the tripple clamps? Then its lowered, and the suspension still operates the way it is ment to, and it isnt compressed all the time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think only straping it 1" would probably take a lot longer to blow out fork seals than strapping it down tight for transport. But I still wouldnt run with straps on for long if it was mine. All your doing is taking away from the travel of the suspension, making it not perform as well. Why dosnt he just slide the forks up in the tripple clamps? Then its lowered, and the suspension still operates the way it is ment to, and it isnt compressed all the time.
+1 just slide the forks in the clamps and yer good

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
Ive never replaced my fork seals and the bike is driven on the street and raced on the street strapped ata ll times, I even leave it strapped most of the time its in the trailor.
:thumbup:
Damn really? I HATE the way my bike handles when strapped at the track.

·
Registered
608 Posts
i have my forks slid thru the tripple trees 1 inch & a strap on the front but not tight when street rideing just tight when im at the track

·
Registered
31 Posts
hey guys. i met someone who just picked up an 09 R6S (i know should have gotten a gixxer) but he lowered the back 1" and strapped the front. he leaves the strap on all the time, my ? is isnt that horrible for the bike? i thought people only used them for the track? has to handle like crap right?
Use the straps only at the track. Otherwise it will just look foolish and you'll ruin your suspension.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.