Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing help with my 03 GSXR 750 when I start the bike it stays running for a couple minutes and then shuts off I checked the wires checked everything and then I seen that my fuse was blown on the battery so I changed it tried it again did the same thing I've blown eight fuses and had the bike running for a total of 6 minutes probably does anyone know what the deal is.

· Registered
5,882 Posts
Needing help with my 03 GSXR 750 when I start the bike it stays running for a couple minutes and then shuts off I checked the wires checked everything and then I seen that my fuse was blown on the battery so I changed it tried it again did the same thing I've blown eight fuses and had the bike running for a total of 6 minutes probably does anyone know what the deal is.
Yeah, it's a blown fuse.

Ta dum, cheesh! I'll be here all week, thank you!

Seriously, a little more info. How long you've had it? When did it run good last? What have you done/changed? Etc.

· Registered
485 Posts
= short circuit.

Use a multi-meter. Find the short circuit.

+1 to last. Faulty generator or regulator most likely. Check starter solenoid circuit too.

(No multi-meter? Take it to someone who understands that to find an electrical fault one needs electrical tools.)

· Registered
3 Posts
The stator & R/R have zero/0 to do with ignition. It'll run on a fully charged batt till it dies. Ignition is the keyswitch, killswitch, start button, safety switches, etc. Without being there, the main fuse blowing over and over sounds like a short/hot wire exposed and touching somewhere in the harness.

· Registered
485 Posts
I think we need to avoid encouraging people to come here with electrical faults by giving them any impression it's possible to diagnose such faults with a screwdriver and a hammer and some wishful thinking.

Electrical faults require electrical tools to tell you what is happening.
  • Battery voltage?
  • Ground resistances?
  • shorts?

· Registered
6 Posts
Try a new”ecu” ✔

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any update on this?
I've tested the stator and the regulator they were both good I tested them not plugged into each other and while they were plugged into each other and that was good battery holds a charge and it the bike will start and stay on if I have a jump box clipped directly to the bike itself with and without the battery connected to it but as soon as I take the jump box off all power dies I've went through all the wires to see if there was a short circuit somewhere I didn't see any only thing I have not done was test the solenoid. But still I'm not understanding why it will run with the jump box but not without the jump box and the battery hooked up to it?

· Administrator
12,444 Posts
How, exactly, are you hooking up the jump box? A picture would help.

Reactions: Yellow Submarine

· Registered
2004 GSXR 600, 1992 GSXR 750, 1983 XN85 Turbo & some Euro bikes
600 Posts
I think we need to avoid encouraging people to come here with electrical faults by giving them any impression it's possible to diagnose such faults with a screwdriver and a hammer and some wishful thinking.
Well….wishful thinking and lots o’parts. Hammer & screwdriver optional. 😁

😂😂😂😂

· Administrator
12,444 Posts
So just to the same battery terminals. Are you sure the battery is good? Like you put a voltmeter on it while you were cranking?

· Registered
2004 GSXR 600, 1992 GSXR 750, 1983 XN85 Turbo & some Euro bikes
600 Posts
Just now did that and it read 12.4 before I turned on the bike the it dropped to 9.2 while cranking.
Yeah, that’s not a good battery. Charge it overnight on a 2 amp trickle charge and try the same thing again. Note how much voltage drops off. If it’s the same, the battery is junk.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts