Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:headscrat the guy that i bought my bike from had some stunt bars on his bike and we were talkin about frame sliders and he said it doesn't always save the plastic and that they can sometimes break; and being a new rider i thought i would try to save as much of my bike as i can if i were to take a spill :eek: i hear you need to notch the plastic a bit to get it to fit what do ya'll think about them? are they worth it? how much are they? where would i get them? thanks biker know it alls :bowdown: :clap:

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Frame sliders save mainly your engine covers. Unless you get the Dan Jackson foot long ones. You do need to notch your fairing out to put them on. Ask later when you are ready for them, I'll tell you how to do it. They do break off sometimes. If you get the solid base with the changeable pucks you will save alot of money. The engine covers are expensive so the sliders are worth it.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
i dont stunt but i was actually thinking of getting a cage put on.... :hmmm:

seen alot of dudes go down at 30-40 mph with a cage and the bike is fine, even the plastics

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thats what i'm talkin about. cause i don't wanna get the bike lookin good and have a crash put it back to square one again :werd:

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
usdm420 said:
i dont stunt but i was actually thinking of getting a cage put on.... :hmmm:

seen alot of dudes go down at 30-40 mph with a cage and the bike is fine, even the plastics
Not sure if its true, but I've heard of a guy that had the Racing 905 stunt cage on his bike and lost in out the back of his truck on the freeway and the thing held up awesome at over 60mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.