Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ST. LOUIS, Missouri (AP) -- Authorities are searching for a pack of highway stunt motorcyclists blamed for a wreck that seriously hurt five people in a sport utility vehicle.

A handful of motorcyclists were on Highway 364 Saturday when they changed lanes and cut off a Ford Explorer, forcing that vehicle to swerve to the right and hit a Chevrolet Suburban.

The Suburban tumbled down an embankment, ejecting most of its eight occupants. Five people in that vehicle were seriously injured; the other three sustained lesser harm. Only one was wearing a seat belt.

"There's a common misconception that if motorcyclists are in an accident, they're going to only hurt themselves. This proved that wrong," Missouri State Highway Patrol Trooper Brian Geier said Tuesday. "Now the public is more aware that these types of stunts cause these accidents."

By some accounts, a chase vehicle was filming the motorcyclists.

Witnesses said the motorcyclists were "riding wheelies, showing off, doing stunts," with another vehicle following them, Patrol Cpl. Jeff Myers said. He called the antics "total disregard for the safety of others."

In many cases, "extreme motorcyclists" -- thrill-seekers who pop wheelies while pushing their machines to the max, at times over 100 mph -- film their exploits for display, at times for online sale.

·
Registered
245 Posts
... I dont know what to say to that.... Its guys like those, that give riders bad names...

***EDIT***
I would also like to note the lack of seatbelts on the SUV's part...

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, thats what caught my eye, and what about the stupid ass in the Explorer that swerved into the Suburban, shoulda let the bike hit the explorer, and guess what, the biker would have been the only one to get hurt. Its not his fault the guy in the explorer swerved into the surburban. And also who said the bike cut off the explorer? the driver of it? well ofcourse he is going to say that. I've had people do that shit when I had plenty of room to get over.

·
Registered
245 Posts
And what of this chase car that was filming? Regardless of who im filming i will stop if i see someone get injured. It is alot of nonsense (btw im at my office at work, bored, lol).

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i am, i have to draw out this work for the next week so I'll be on here a lot. haha.

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
Although I hate idiots who drive or even ride wreckless when other peoples lifes are envolved and I don't excuse the stunters from stunting on the fwy I seriously doubt someone with that type of riding experience would be stunting side by side to a suv so close that when he changed lanes and lil tiny motorcycle forced the explorer out of his lane and into a suburban... It sounds more like they where not paying attention to their driving and where in fact watching the stunters and drifted to far on direction and in order to correct jerked the wheel to hard and fast to the other direction... We all know SUv doesn't have the best handling anti roll records and most certianly not the damn explorers

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
exactly, they were just trying to change blame to "the wreckless motorcycle riders".

·
Registered
164 Posts
At least the explorer got outta of the bikes way, you all know how it on bikes. You come up on a car and they want to brake, at least the explorer tried to move, its just unfortunate they didn't look first. Bikes scare drivers for some reason, a reason that I have yet to figure out...................

·
Registered
67 Posts
skibum91 said:
...forcing that vehicle to swerve to the right and hit a Chevrolet Suburban.

Only one was wearing a seat belt.
i wish my bike could force cars out of the waY?

put your seatbelt on dumbass...oh wait your dead!

this is why i stunt in private...out of sight out of mind!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
a reason that I have yet to figure out...................
if they're anything like me, i'd rather hit a 3,000lbs. piece of metal than be responsible for killing/severely injuring a person that has no protection other than a helmet/jacket.........i steer clear of bikes when i'm in a car

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think if the dumbass is doing something stupid, then let him hit you, who cares what they are in.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
oh most certainly, i'm just talking about everyday driving/riding

if a jackass comes flying down the freeway doing a standup and starts to swerve in my lane, you better believe i'll give his ass a fucking love tap with my bumper, i could care less at that point. which is actually what the explorer should've done......he wouldn't have been held liable for anything because of that asshole's stupidity.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactly, but I don't even belive that the rider did. I think the explorer did something stupid and is try to shift blame.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i think you can blame both.. but yea i dont thinhk the car had to do what it did but hey what can ya do nows it already happened.. :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
gsxrsrad1000 said:
Bikes scare drivers for some reason, a reason that I have yet to figure out...................
\

thats easy!

THERE OUTTA [email protected]!!! HONEY CALL 911...OUR KIDS!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!! *swerves into car*

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
yea and their bikes are dangerous i mean my god who are they thinking they can split lanes and pop wheelies and ish!

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
My boy sent me the same thing over email. He musta wanted me to read and think. Huh

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
yes SUV's are dangerous!!! don't buy one!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
whats even more dangerous is these women driving around in their suv's talkin on the phone mot paying attention. then they change lanes making you have to manuever out of the way. that shit pisses me off, when you almost get ran off the road cause of dumbasses not paying attention.

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
to be fair its not just women... more then enough men try to run me off the road!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts