Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
very thankful for your knowledge brother!!

i have a k7 gsxr 750... I'm having the same c28 issue. i read in this forum that Chuckster aka TheGeek was working on putting this info for testing on a website. does anyone happen to have a link for that, or have a copy of the STVA k6 - k7 testing file that is able to open.. i have no luck unzipping the thing, and would appreciate the helping hand. my email is. [email protected]

:0001136745-huh::smash: I'm hoping this isn't a dead forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my 750 K5 with the throttle plates already removed and it revs clean all the way to the redline. But yesterday the red light and F1 came on and when I turn the ignition on I can't hear the STVA working. Will this give me problems in the future? How can I clear the fault code?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
First you verify the code is C28. Then you get the STVA repaired or replace it. Removing the throtttle plates does absolutely zero for you.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
No problems there. Push them closed by hand, then turn the ignition on. They'll go to full open. Then start it and let it run for a little bit and they'll close.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks.

I checked again and everything was as you said.

but I noticed that while I was pushing accelerator some gases leaked out from intake. Is that normal?

I have started those investigation due to engine vibration from 4000 to 8000 rmp.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
You should see nothing coming out of the intake while it's running. It's a vacuum inside. If you're getting puffs out of it, my first concern would be cam timing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Geek

I just recently got my STVA fixed by the Geek. I highly recommend him for anyone who is experiencing the C28 code. I would of attempted to have fixed it myself, but I didn't have the proper tools and knowledge... and quite frankly, I probably would of messed things up more :smash:

He sends along some easy-to-follow instructions for re installation also.

Quick and easy! 5 Stars for the Geek :tits:

www.stva-repair.com/

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Yes and no. It's still just a resistance test, but the values and wiring pattern will be different. Get the values from a service manual.

Then do some tests to figure out the logic.

A-B
B-C
A-C

One pair will be a static value regardless of the position. One will read backwards of the values (ie, reads a high value when it's supposed to read low). And, one will read correctly. You have to do this because they tell you to use the "test harness", but they won't tell you what that wiring is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello ppl, maybe someone can shine some light here for me. My 2007 GSXR 750 gave me a C28 the other day. Now I followed shop manual and everything checks out to spec. STPA has 7.6 ohms when hooked up to harness, right at ECU connector. STPS is with in spec, and adjusted to spec. All gears inside the motor are good. At this point everything points at ECU, what I cant understand is how is this possible for voltage spikes to burn only that part of ECU and not effect any other systems? If I cant figure this out I'll pull the butterflies off since my bike has PCIII and its tuned.

·
Registered
8,551 Posts
Where are you located? I would swap for a know working ECU if you have one around. Also as you said try disconnecting the PCIII and see if that fixes it. The rest of the guys will be around soon, but it seems like you are on the right track

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im in Stouffville Ontario, Canada. ( near Toronto). Im checking local spots for a used ECU as none of my boyz have gixxers anymore. The only friendwith a 750 gixxer is 2010 and I'm not sure if the ECU's are the same.
Btw my motor buffers instead of cycling the plates, and the bike never had charging system issues.

·
Premium Member
8,552 Posts
Im in Stouffville Ontario, Canada. ( near Toronto). Im checking local spots for a used ECU as none of my boyz have gixxers anymore. The only friendwith a 750 gixxer is 2010 and I'm not sure if the ECU's are the same.
Btw my motor buffers instead of cycling the plates, and the bike never had charging system issues.
By "motor" to you mean the STVA? (actuator)

Does "buffers" mean flutters?

Any ECM from a K6 or K7 600 or 750 will plug in and run the bike. The maps are different between the 600 and 750 so it will not be tuned properly, but it will start and run fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, STVA/ stepping motor, and yes again I meant to say secondary throttle plates flutter back and forth. I saw a post by Chuckster saying that he saw hundreds of ECU's fail on 06/07 models, so even thou I never had charging issues I decided to check my voltage regulator. It passed the inspection as per Suzuki shop manual, however it has to small holes in the back of it. Possibly its on its way out and it damage my ECU

41 - 60 of 169 Posts