Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
The zip is just a simplified version of the factory instructions.

Pin #34? I thought it was 30 that you were supposed to pull. Get a factory manual and follow the testing instructions for the STVA. It's pretty simple if you've done wiring tests before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't done a wiring test before and you are correct it is 30, I said 34 by mistake but i have did pull 30. Unfortunately the light is still on which is what they said pulling 30 would stop as well as keeping the valve open. I do not have the manual as a reference either unfortunately. PS you also mentioned in another post in another forum that it's covered under a emissions warranty if it's under X amount of miles? i've been crawling the forums for a good bit now I see you have been around for many years helping other lost riders as myself.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
You're way past warranty. It's 5 years or 30k kilometers.

Put in dealer mode and find out which code it's giving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Getting C28, and I was hoping it priorities miles over year but it was worth a shot to see if it was still under warranty even with the years

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Nope. Whichever comes first.

The bad news is that you have an 07. The 2006 and 2007 models had a crappy charging system. It's only a hypothesis, but the C28 codes I've seen from these two years are always due to the ECU being damaged. If you test the STVA per the instructions and it tests good, you're probably one of these unlucky owners. The STVA on these two years is pretty tough and a true failure is extremely rare.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where can i find that charging test other then the Manuel I dont have? also is "flashing the ecu" something that actually could work? so far theres 1 ecu one bay and it aint cheap. Funds are strained at the moment so just looking for the least available way to fix, what possible complications or damage might I run into if I am unable to get this done soon other then the lack of acceleration/speed that I am currently experiencing

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ride an 01 600. I have been battling power loss all for a few months now and every time i think i have it pinpointed I'm still off. Here is where I'm at now...i have no fi codes showing up. If i start the bike the butterflies cycle but then if i go full throttle it just lopes between 3&3.5 rpms and won't actually rev. If i reach down while I'm wot and move the butterflies manually it flies straight to the red line. Also, there is always a humming/squeaky sound coming from the stva. Can it b possibly be a bad stps even tho i have no codes?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Hard to say. I guess it's possible that the STPS is sending incorrect information, but that's a really hard stretch of the possibilities. I don't have much experience with the 2001. The fact that it cycles on startup, but not while running, and gives no codes makes me think ECU issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got a 2004 gsxr 600. I had the head replace not too long ago because one of my spark plugs came lose and it broke the part where it goes. Got it back from the shop then it started bugging out when driving it. Took it back it was a coil. Had it for another week or 2 then it started doing it again but less and only at high speeds. I didn't take it because it wouldn't do it as much and the shop would take long to give it back. I was riding to school and the -c28 code came up. I did the soldering that worked for 1 day lol. A friend helped me and it has been good the code doesn't show up anymore the only problem i have is that it don't want to start after i ride it somewhere. It turns on on cold starts the idle is very low but i try adjusting the idle screw didn't work. It doesn't die tho. then i go to school but i want to leave before it gets cold again it won't turn on unless i keep trying it for a long time or give it gas. What can it be? Thanks
I am thinking maybe it has to do with the STVA since it started after the code came up.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Most likely not STVA related. It does engage the fast idle mechanism, so the fast idle might be set a little low.

When the bike is warm, what is the idle speed?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Stva

I am having issues once more, i purchased a used known working throttle body with a known working STVA when i put this on my bike im at a warm up idle of around 2k then it dives and sputters out with a c-28 code. The reason i bought all new stuff was due to the c-28 and a fuel injector went out so i figured just buying it all at once on a throttle body would solve all the issues well almost except for the STVA fault which i have no clue were to go with this. I did all the trial and error of testing on my old one and no dice. What is wrong with it?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
They can bench test good, but still be bad. Just the nature of the failure. It's also possible that you have a loose wire. You can do "full circuit" testing to look for obvious problems, but you can sometimes put pressure on the wires at the ECU and see the problem go away. I've seen loose contacts at the ECU cause these issues. They can be very hard to find.

Go to the link in post #52 on this thread. Pretty good instructions there on how to diagnose.

·
Registered
59 Posts
new found info

Ok so i checked the cables for proper connection and everything is good except the TPS. like i said before this throttle body came off a known good bike so all the parts are good and when i tested what voltage was coming out of the tps connector i got 4.94 on positive to ground then i got 2.72 out of the positive and br/bl or whatever it is that the manual calls it. is this a sign of a ecu?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
TPS, or STPS? Gotta be careful and know what you're looking at.

Possibly. According the the manual, your Red to ground test is good, but Red to Brown is not. First think I would do is leave my meter hooked up to those wires and start manipulating the BR wire at the ECU connector to see if the reading changes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
at the tps...i was going to do the temporary deal with just taking off the stva and and zip tie it so that i can atleast get back and forth to work. But once i did the c14 code popped for the tps and my manual told me to check those connections and that is what i got and also what i did was leave those in and move connections around to see if it would change and it never did. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Sounds like you got your STPS and TPS connectors reversed. They're nearly identical except that the TPS connector is grey, and the STPS is black. If you had those reversed, it would explain everything.

·
Registered
59 Posts
another question

I got the problem to clear was some dirty contacts on the stva. one last question. when i go to adjust for the line on the -C00 is that stps or the tps i need to move in order to get it to work that way i need to? also ever since i got this going i havent been able to get it to start and run great i can get it started sometimes but when i give it some throttle it just bogs and dies and sounds like its struggling just to get past that 3k mark. atm my code reads C00 but the alignment mark is high.

81 - 100 of 169 Posts