Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently racing a 2006 GSXR-750 as a CRA racer at BIR. The bike has upgraded racing suspension, but I haven't yet added a power commander or changed the gearing. When racing and doing track days I noticed that the bike seems to be geared rather high and that 2nd and 3rd don't pull as hard as I thought they would unless on the boil. Since I am driving out of turns in
2nd gear more than third, it is pretty important to make that gear have a ton of drive. Has anyone else found this bike to require re gearing and a power commander to make it run right when racing? I was thinking 2 up in the back, one down in the front would make a world of difference. Also, I am betting a power commander would help as well, even though I am not running a full exhaust. Any other suggested modifications? Any thoughts appreciated from anyone running a 06 750 at the track

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
I'm racing the same bike. Get yourself a 15, 16, and 17 front sprocket and 45,46, and 47 rear sprocket. I run 2 short tracks at 1.7 miles and 1.8 miles and gear the bike -2 front/+1 rear. Long, fast tracks like the 2.9 mile speedway I run -1/+2 or -1/+1 depending on head wind down the straight. I also have Akrapovic full system custom mapped PCIII. Full floating buttons on my front rotors. I don't want to get into the motor so it's completely stock. If I'm not fast enough on a stock motor, then a superstock legal modified motor isn't going to help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.