Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the SRAD riders, just wondering what kinds of mods you guys have done, seems it's getting harder to find aftermarket stuff for these.

So far I've put surface mount signals with clear lenses on the front, clear LED tail with integrated rear signals, tank bra, cut the fender off and trashed the reflectors. Next I'm gonna cut the cargo hooks off, I've been hesitant thinking that it may hurt the resale value later on. Is making the bike too much "mine" worth worrying about with respect to resale value?

thanks
chris
(I know I know, I left the kick stand down, duhhh):hammer:

·
Registered
552 Posts
I never understood the "cargo hooks" they put on these bikes, My K3 has them also. It alsmost looks like Suzuki was going to make some sadle bags to mount onto the hooks, the way the hooks are designed. But I have NEVER found anything made specificly for the gixxers to actually utilize the hooks. I mean, they almost look like there made to bolt on some nice hard bags, kinda like they have for the Busa. It would be great for road trips.

Anyway, looks to me like the next mod you need is a new exhaust, lol. Let that thing make a little noise!

·
Registered
971 Posts
we all have SRADs. stands for suzuki ram air direct or something like that. goodluck with the future mods

·
Registered
38 Posts
Get a manual cam chain tensioner. The automatic ones on these bikes tend to go out and make your engine asplode. ;)

The other common problem is the regulator / rectifier. - Might want to get a new one and run new beefier wires. You can probable search for some threads.

How many bikes have you had? How do you like the front brakes? Mine suck and I'm looking into doing something about it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
prior 2 bikes were a SECA and a FZR600 I'm due for a front pad and fluid change so I can't really comment on their performance at the moment, cause I'm sure they suck.

thanks for the tensioner and rect. tip, I'll look into those

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
polish everything ,new exhaust, you know just like everybody else there are limited mods for these but they are out there
sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you start and go about polishing parts? can you do it at home or does it take some kind of sand blasting booth? also I thought I heard somewhere that its hard to maintain to keep rust at bay? whats' up with that?

thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you start and go about polishing parts? can you do it at home or does it take some kind of sand blasting booth? also I thought I heard somewhere that its hard to maintain to keep rust at bay? whats' up with that?

thanks
Typically aluminum doesn't rust. ;)

http://www.bugmanweb.com/gsxr/gsxrindex.html - He's got a decent write up on polishing. It's not that hard, but it does take some time.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Ive done a few Mods to My SRAD

The Tank is Just the stock Tank that I stripped polished then Brushed then I wax it with car wax and it hasnt rusted in Seven Years
1997 GSXR 750 SRAD rolling chassis
2002 GSXR 1000 K2 Engine
2002 loom harness, ECU, gauges,
Power Commander PCIII
2002 fuel pump
Yoshimura TRS exhaust shortend
Yoshimua Knock off Rear sets
CRG Mirror
CRG Levers
Lazer Cut Sub frame
Ducati Tail
Ducati front fender
R1 integrated tail lights and signals
110mm left side mounted stearing dampener

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
How about a solo cover? Some rearsets would be neat, and some after market clip-ons. Loose the passenger pegs and brackets, and make or find a racing bracket for the muffler.
Just my 2 cents worth...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.