Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wondering if any one has ever done one of the Californian Superbike School courses and what they thought of it? worth the $$$? did you use your own bike or one of theirs? if so how was it? how many of the levels have you done?

reason being i've been toying with the idea of going to one myself and would like to get some feedback from people who have done it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Def worth the $$. I picked up some speed after taking the class. I took it in 03 at Willow Springs. Nice Track. Taking it again this yr. I use their bike. Mine is not setup for the track. I took a class through penguin. Not even close to how good the superbike school is.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey guys,

Just wondering if any one has ever done one of the Californian Superbike School courses and what they thought of it? worth the $$$? did you use your own bike or one of theirs? if so how was it? how many of the levels have you done?

reason being i've been toying with the idea of going to one myself and would like to get some feedback from people who have done it.
Hey there, my name is Misti Hurst and I'm a coach with the Superbike School (currently on maternity and waiting for the kid to arrive...ANY DAY NOW :) I know that some of my opinions of the school are a bit biased because I have worked there for the past 5 years but I did also take the school (all four levels) before I became a coach and I learned a great deal.

I just wanted to put myself out there as available to answer any of the questions you might have specifically....PM me or post here and I'll do my best to answer them. In terms of whether or not you should ride your own bike or the schools, it depends on your situation but I often suggest to people to ride our bikes as it is just way easier. You show up and ride and you don't have to worry about your tires, fuel, or any maintenance during the day.

Cheers :)

Misti

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there, my name is Misti Hurst and I'm a coach with the Superbike School (currently on maternity and waiting for the kid to arrive...ANY DAY NOW :) I know that some of my opinions of the school are a bit biased because I have worked there for the past 5 years but I did also take the school (all four levels) before I became a coach and I learned a great deal.

I just wanted to put myself out there as available to answer any of the questions you might have specifically....PM me or post here and I'll do my best to answer them. In terms of whether or not you should ride your own bike or the schools, it depends on your situation but I often suggest to people to ride our bikes as it is just way easier. You show up and ride and you don't have to worry about your tires, fuel, or any maintenance during the day.

Cheers :)

Misti
Ah awesome! congrats on the bub also.

Well i was thinking of using my own bike because i like the fact that i will learn all the new skills on a bike that i ride everyday. Of course i'll throw it in the ute and drive there and back because i reckon i'll be knackered after the day.

I'm in Australia and was going to do it at the Philip Island circuit near Melbourne.

So it's a must do then? I'm always looking to improve my skill level and would like to get into amateur racing at some stage as well.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also will i have to tape up my headlight, indicators, and brakelight for the track day???

If so what do you use? just strips of electrical tape?

Will i need a fabric brake res. cover?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Also will i have to tape up my headlight, indicators, and brakelight for the track day???

If so what do you use? just strips of electrical tape?

Will i need a fabric brake res. cover?
Ahhhh, Australia, Awesome! I'd say the school is a must do, and I'd love to ride the tracks in Australia, I'm jealous!!! I'm hoping to get there next year sometime and do some coaching with the Australian gang and check out the tracks.

I can't be certain how the Australians do tech but it should be similar to the USA school and at our schools we do the taping of the headlights etc and we do all the tech for you....some people do it themselves and you can use either vinyl tape or painter's tape. You don't need a fabric brake res. cover either.

Let me know if you sign up and say hi to the Australian coaches for me!!! They come out to the USA sometimes to work on their training so I've met several of them!

Enjoy the classes and I guarantee that you will learn a lot of great things!

Misti

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet, they do that even if your bringing your own bike? cool...

Yeah Australia definitely has some awesome tracks, the other one you'll have to check out is eastern creek, haven't been on it myself but it's suppose to be really good.

I'll definately book in that course ASAP!

I've also watched some of the classes that are on youtube and what they teach makes a lot of sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.