Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've been really inconsistent lately with bringing up the front end...some times she comes up no problem, other times she just comes up a foot or 2 and thats it

SOOOOOO i started looking into the front suspension and messing around with stiffness, etc....come to find out its easier with the front suspension set a little softer than normal (helps with the "bounce")...anybody else notice this or am i retarded?

i thought maybe stiffer would've been better because the front end is already somewhat "pre-loaded" but it was the exact opposite..the tighter the front-end, the more it wants to stay down :headscrat
anyways, just a ramble i guess

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
usdm420 said:
so i've been really inconsistent lately with bringing up the front end...some times she comes up no problem, other times she just comes up a foot or 2 and thats it

SOOOOOO i started looking into the front suspension and messing around with stiffness, etc....come to find out its easier with the front suspension set a little softer than normal (helps with the "bounce")...anybody else notice this or am i retarded?

i thought maybe stiffer would've been better because the front end is already somewhat "pre-loaded" but it was the exact opposite..the tighter the front-end, the more it wants to stay down :headscrat
anyways, just a ramble i guess
well you should be able to pull them up regardless of suspension settings, especially down there, you should try to come up here and try wheelies, you'll have a really hard time because of the elevation difference.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
username said:
only thing i recommend for susp....is buy a bunch of fork seals cause your going to need them.
Only if you dont know how to set them down any better than you do picking them up. I do 3 mile plus 80 MPH 3rd gear wheelies, snd gear standups, second gear sitdowns, and the occasional first gear power wheelie, and have yet to bust a seal (knocks on wood)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
Only if you dont know how to set them down any better than you do picking them up. I do 3 mile plus 80 MPH 3rd gear wheelies, snd gear standups, second gear sitdowns, and the occasional first gear power wheelie, and have yet to bust a seal (knocks on wood)
try slow wheelies and you will bust them weekly..... :laughingr

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Very true. I never said I am a stunter or into slow wheelies. I dont think he did either though, especially if he is needing to know about suspension to help with preloading.

·
Registered
320 Posts
When you start out you are going to slam them down from time to time and then once you get good you will still slam them down from time to time. I just had my seals replaced a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
stop messing with the suspension and go out and practice. You'll only learn by doing it and the suspension is hardly going to do anything, and you don't need to bounce a first gear wheelie.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I tightened the spanner on the rear when I was starting out and it made a world of difference. Didn't really screw with the front forks until I got a new Honda. Freakin thing rode like a Caddy and bottomed all the time.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Since htis thread I started doing slow parking lot shit, and once you start geting that down the highway stuff is WAYYYYyyyyyyy to easy. Just take your time and dont push yourself to hard. It doesnt happen overnight.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
Since htis thread I started doing slow parking lot shit, and once you start geting that down the highway stuff is WAYYYYyyyyyyy to easy. Just take your time and dont push yourself to hard. It doesnt happen overnight.
It happened overnight for me...went to bed, had hours of dreaming of pulling the smoothest wheelies, woke up, had breakfast, went out and whatta know, no problem :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I wouldnt quite say overnight for anyone, but once you find BP no matter what gear you are in or sitting or standing........ EVERYTHING gets way easier from there. I was just short of BP for MONTHS but so close I could taste it. I didnt push it and one day I found it. rode BP sitdowns in second for a week or so. Next weekend tried standups and within 10 minutes was going half a mile, within a couple weeks was going 3 miles or so. within another couple of weeks was slowing down from 80 by going PAST BP down to like 55 or so. Then started trying to lift at 15 MPH or so, and then lift at a dead stop, had slow shit in a week or so. Then quit to go to the RACE TRACK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.