Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone I am 16 and I started riding not too long ago so still learning everything. I had a new battery placed into my bike not too long ago since I had a dead battery after the bike sat for a long time in the shed. I was riding my bike today and it started fine and went down to a different town I stopped and decided to rev the engine for a bit while waiting for someone I turned the engine off to save some fuel and once I had to start it again it was taking a long time to start I first thought maybe my battery was low so I travelled back to my town which is about 25KM away and shut it off and tried starting it again and it started cranking and wouldn't start the first time I tried again the 2nd time and after a while of cranking it started. I am thinking it might be the spark plugs it has driven almost 8000KM. I am guessing the last owner of this bike hasn't changed the spark plugs since he got it.

·
Administrator
11,695 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Is there still old gas in the bike?

Reactions: Spyder13

·
Administrator
11,695 Posts
Just a shot in the dark, but try some fuel injection system cleaner and see if the starting issue improves.

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Administrator
11,695 Posts
Is there any specific fuel injection cleaner you would recommend?
SeaFoam has been popular in the US, but there should be a bunch of choices at the auto parts store. I think most of them contain Toluene or similar solvents. I guess they all work, never had one in particular I used a bunch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts