Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, i have a suzuki gsxr 600 k9 with an arrow slip on and no cat..i have the bike 2 months in my hands..the problem is in low rpms from 0-3k bike laggs need more throttle to go..what it fault? maybe the excva? is the motor damaged?

·
Super Moderator
8,629 Posts
I'm not sure you have a problem.
these bikes don't have much power below 3,000.
If your previous bike was a twin this bike will be different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure you have a problem.
these bikes don't have much power below 3,000.
If your previous bike was a twin this bike will be different.
Hi and thanks for your reply,i know that bikes are weak in low rpms but this is different..the bike laggs need more throttle to go i think its has a problem..maybe with the servo exhaust..

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Any codes? Check and adjust the cables. If there's an issue with the EXVA, the ECM will detect it and throw a code. Honestly, it sounds like the only issue is your expectations.

·
Super Moderator
9,525 Posts
Welcome.

When you say it lags, do you mean that it hesitates while opening the throttle near idle or just does not pull well from that rpm range?

And as others inferred, what were you riding before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any codes? Check and adjust the cables. If there's an issue with the EXVA, the ECM will detect it and throw a code. Honestly, it sounds like the only issue is your expectations.
No codes at all..dont know what to do..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome.

When you say it lags, do you mean that it hesitates while opening the throttle near idle or just does not pull well from that rpm range?

And as others inferred, what were you riding before?
Hey thank you,it hesitates..lagging is the best world to describe i think..my previous bike was a Cfmoto 250nk..

·
SuperMod of the North
27,249 Posts
Clean air and fuel filters? Are you running the stock air filter? Any modifications to fuel management? When the cat delete was done did they simply cut the original collector on the header or are you running aftermarket headers? If you have a full aftermarket exhaust and air filter you may have a fuel map problem.

·
Super Moderator
9,525 Posts
If it is hesitating off idle, I would do the basic tune up items on the bike first. Mainly spark plugs, some injector cleaner in the fuel and checking the TPS setting. A fuel pump pressure check would be next.

Besides the other modification questions that Tinsnips asked, Is the O2 sensor still installed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts