Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
It's gonna take some time to get used to the guppie front fairing. I like my 07, looks mean, but a wind tunnel is a wind tunnel.

I remember when Suzuki left GP. They have never spent the money Honda and Yamaha has. They always funneled their money into AMA in the USA. They knew where the marketing was for the U.S.

I've always said, they'll let the other teams spend the dough engineering the 4 strokes, then come back later and sneak up the leader board. It appears they are slowly doing that.
We'll see this year what happens. I know they weren't quite there last year.

I had one Yamaha, an R1 and I was seriously disappointed with the lack of midrange and geometry for a street rider. Track, maybe a bit different, but that 07 only had top end, and it came on so hard, it was hard to ride. Selling that bike was the best thing I ever did.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember when Suzuki left GP. They have never spent the money Honda and Yamaha has. They always funneled their money into AMA in the USA. They knew where the marketing was for the U.S.
They don't HAVE the money Yamaha has to spend, much less Honda. Suzuki is a much smaller company overall. Even Kawasaki has Kawasaki Heavy Industries and could probably funnel more $$$ to top level racing if that's what they decided to do, though they're doing pretty well with production based racing in WSBK.

Great thing about Suzuki though is their support not only for those high levels of racing but even down to the club level. When I was racing in 2003-04 there was a lot of support for Suzuki and Yamaha, nothing for Honda contingency.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts