Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
To sop up leaking brake fluid from incompletely tightened brake reservoirs. Typically a noob move on the street. Some, but not all tracks require it. That's pretty much the only reason for doing it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
sometime the front reservoir sweats due to hard braking or stoppies. It just need it because brake fluid is very hard on painted surfaces. It will remove paint within a minute or so. Be careful!:laughingr

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I use one to protect my reservoir from sun damage. If seen some which have become brittle and crack and need to be replaced due to exposure...

·
Registered
87 Posts
The sunlight can break down brake fluid, so if you ride the street and have your bike sitting in the sun for long periods of time it is a good idea. ALso, if you crash and your reservoir gets damaged it will help soak up brake fluid, I have seen this happen first hand on my racebike. Plus it looks oh so cool..LOL

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Damn, I just wanted to look cool...you mean there's actually a reason :infrandom

·
Registered
73 Posts
You could just as easily throw a quick splash of matching paint on it, and use real screw clamps! "Tada!" it looks good and won't leak!

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Damn, I just wanted to look cool...you mean there's actually a reason :infrandom
You gotta make sure you have the Famous (F), or Tap Out logo, or SRH on your sweat band. Trendy and dousche are where it's at...BRO! :rofl:

Before I learned to ride, I saw a Suzuki sweat band. Thought it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
344 Posts
only cool people do this :lmao:
comments like this make me believe I am on gixxer.com.:headshake

But I have one on mine but bought it to cover up the cheap plastic look of the resivoir. Cause I'm a squid that cares about looks.:headshake

If it serves a purpose then fine, if not its alot better then looking at cheap plastic. If we all had a guideline on how our bikes should look then we would all look the same.:headshake

And check out my super squid rear one!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hey 350, where'd you get the yosh one?

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I use one to protect my reservoir from sun damage. If seen some which have become brittle and crack and need to be replaced due to exposure...
+100, plus the fluid will burn and break down if left in the sun like mine does here at work during summer time. 110 deg weather

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.