Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
96 up to 04 with no mods (this includes busa arms) upgrade to a newer shock with a newer arm while youve got it apart. not sure about 05 and up though

·
Registered
224 Posts
not to hijack but theres a 02 1000 swingarm thats 6 over on craigslist and i called like everyshop around me and they said it wouldnt fit my 03 1000 so are they just full of it?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What link spacer? Can I still use the srad shock? The busa swingarm doesn't have the bearings. Think the srad bearings would work?

·
The Bestest Racer
3,027 Posts
The 01+ 750 and 1k swingarms as well as the busa arms are much stronger and have a top brace.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
using the newer version swigarm also get rid of the brake arm brace.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So if I can use a 04-05 swingarm I can do away with the brake caliper brace? Can I use all of my hardware with it?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Your using the 04 hardware, but your wheel for this to work:thumbup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not to go on about this, I just wanna make sure I have it right. 04 swingarm with 04 shock and linkage with my rime and tire? The 98 shock and linkage won't work? What about a hayabusa swingarm? I am wanting to swap it out but trying to keep as much of what I have as possible.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Here you go a picture of it done

·
Registered
92 Posts
the spacer im talking about is the one where your stock dog bone bolts go. the srad is small, the busa is bigger. you can still use the srad bolt though. suzuki sells them for like 15 bux.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, sorry to bring back an old thread but I found this a few weeks ago and im now looking at putting a busa back end on my 98 600, what I wanted to ask is:

A. can someone please Give me a list of parts that I would need to do the swap?

And

B. will I need to change my rear calliper?

Sorry if these questions sound really dumb but I'm new to modding bikes and I'm really trying to take in as much as I can:headscrat

Cheers in advance

Deck

1 - 20 of 25 Posts