Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Hopefully this isn't TL;DR, but I have a 00 SRAD 600 and I've been looking to replace the light and horn controls with the controls from a 750 because it has the pass button which I love so much. Well, I came across said controls on through a vendor on eBay, here in Italy where I'm currently stationed. The controls arrived in a couple of days and I proceeded to work on it first thing this morning. From past experiences, I learned that US and EU versions differ slightly, and this fact was validated when I finished replacing the controls and tried starting the bike. Mind you, the controls work perfect to include the pass button; the issue I have now is the bike will not start. I did a quick swap back to the old controls and it started without a problem; so I switched back to the other one...again nothing.

All that said, I'm pretty bummed because there's obviously a difference between the two, but I was wonder if I would have the same issue if I bought the controls from US spec 750 or if they will work as designed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
Welcome.

I'm assuming that you are just swapping the left (clutch lever side) lighting controls? They should have no effect on whether the bike starts or not.

When you say the bike does not start, I'm assuming you mean that the starter motor does not crank the engine when you press the starter button.

I believe there is still a clutch safety switch on your bike, that is what I would check first.

Post an intro, with pics of your bike, in the "new riders and members" section when you get a chance.

·
Banned
307 Posts
When you pressed your starter button did the lights turn off?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct, rv6john. I'm just swapping the left controls, and yes, the starter motor does not crank the engine when I press the starter button. My bike does not have a clutch safety switch, but I did just double check both controls with and without engaging the clutch with the same results. The bike starts with the original controls, but not when I connect the other one.

Jakksin, no. The lights did not turn off when I pressed the starter button.

I'm not sure if you can see, but in the attached photo, the plug on left has an additional connection which supplies power to the pass button. Everything else is the same. I'm not sure if there is a wire that needs to be bridged somewhere in the circuit, but that's something I want to avoid doing since this bike has had it's fair share of wiring issues in the past. I had to buy new wiring and route it because it was a real nightmare.

All that said, I'm at a loss...any suggestions?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts