Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tring to make a TRE mod but needs wiring info, resistor (6.8 ohm or 15 ohm) please help.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
that would be 6.8k ohm resistor.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Yo, Krumm, Still waiting for one from you. Want the switchable one. You know what I have.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
How much and how long. Daym, that sounds like sex or sumptin.

·
Registered
543 Posts
wickmaster said:
How much and how long. Daym, that sounds like sex or sumptin.
:laughingr man i don't have anymore GPS plugs, i can make a switchable one for you but your gonna have to hard wire or splice into your plug which really isn't a big deal if your not under warranty anymore, just let me know.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I know it is not a big deal but I just dont like to cut any wires. I like my shit done right. Know what I mean. Are the connectors still available? If not, I guess it would not be that bad to cut into my harness. Where do you have to cut in to?

·
Registered
543 Posts
you don't have to cut anything, just use 3 of those reddevils spliciers, just crimp them to each wire and plug the male ends of the TRE in and your done, you can do it anywhere between your GPS plug,(lower left side under gas tank) all the way up to the ECU, so you can pick the spot, i'd say aim high so it's not exposed to the elements.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Saweet!! can you hook a brodda up?

·
Registered
543 Posts
yup. consider it done, just give me about 2 days, been kinda busy. i'll let u know when i'm done wit it. KRUM

·
Registered
543 Posts
i just wanted everyone to know that if you wan't a TRE fast and easy all you have to do is unplug the gps plug, screw out the ( i think ) blue wire and plug the connector back in. vwalla...TRE just thought i'd throw that out there for everyone. oh yeah and make sure to cap the wire that was pulled. :D
and it can always be put back 2gether.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey Krum

What about the signal ECU has to read from the GPS, it´s supposed 15K or 6.8K ohms... reading to get the proper ignition/timing map.

Ride Safe....... :thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
the signal for the first 3 gears is eliminated so a resistor is no longer needed, it's an easy way to make your bike think it's past 3rd gear. :thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
when i was researching the TRE a few months back, i found it on a DIY site, mighta evev been bugmans site...don't remember, i read it on a few dif. sites just don't remember them, i deleted my favorites when i reformatted my PC.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
yup. consider it done, just give me about 2 days, been kinda busy. i'll let u know when i'm done wit it. KRUM
Sweet. Lemme know what you want for it and when it is done. PM me or sumptin.

·
Registered
93 Posts
needen to know

rkrummel01 said:
i just wanted everyone to know that if you wan't a TRE fast and easy all you have to do is unplug the gps plug, screw out the ( i think ) blue wire and plug the connector back in. vwalla...TRE just thought i'd throw that out there for everyone. oh yeah and make sure to cap the wire that was pulled. :D
and it can always be put back 2gether.

what is TRE
:hmmm:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts