Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear stop light won't turn off unless it is unplugged, even when the bike is off and key is removed the damn thing stays on. Anyone have any idea what's causing this? How to fix?

·
Registered
376 Posts
sounds like a short to power somewhere, any aftermarket lights? if not find trace the wire for brake light back checking for power until you find no power a wiring schematic would help. but sounds like a brake switch or short in harness.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
sounds like a short to ground. get a milti meter and do a volt check and a ohm check or jst fallow the wires from the light to the power and to the ground looking for a pinch, brake, rub ect. ect.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the problem has worsened, i kept the tail light unplugged to keep the battery safe. I tried to work on it today to fix it but when i turned the key the whole bike is dead. It used to be a race bike so is it possible the previous owner took something out that might cause all these problems?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Well the problem has worsened, i kept the tail light unplugged to keep the battery safe. I tried to work on it today to fix it but when i turned the key the whole bike is dead. It used to be a race bike so is it possible the previous owner took something out that might cause all these problems?
Are any of your fuses blown?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check if the key is in park position

My rear stop light won't turn off unless it is unplugged, even when the bike is off and key is removed the damn thing stays on. Anyone have any idea what's causing this? How to fix?
Are you turning the key to far to the left? You do know the parking light (tail light) goes on if you do that and you can actually remove the key.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Are you turning the key to far to the left? You do know the parking light (tail light) goes on if you do that and you can actually remove the key.
I thought the same thing. It sounds too easy or dumb but you never know. I remember this one guy kept saying his bike just died on the hwy and hasn’t been able to get it started in over a month. It ended up being he hit his kill switch while riding. lol:rofl:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I thought the same thing. It sounds too easy or dumb but you never know. I remember this one guy kept saying his bike just died on the hwy and hasn’t been able to get it started in over a month. It ended up being he hit his kill switch while riding. lol:rofl:
:laughingr:laughingr:laughingr:laughingr:laughingr

·
Registered
36 Posts

Another common problem which is easily overlooked is a jammed sidestand sensor. people suddenly wonder, why their bike dies on bumpy roads :laughingr

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha! Yeah I'm sure, the tail light would stay on without me even putting the key in, so I had to keep it unplugged to save the battery. Didn't help though, bec the battery is dead anyways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts