Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

First post, just bought a 2008 750! I'm a previous owner of a new 2001 GSX-R 600, which I sold a few years back.

But onto my question/problem. I have a problem with the rear tail lights/turn signals not working. I'm assuming they were disabled for tracking, does anyone have a guide for re-enabling them? I'm not overly technical, but I should be able to figure it out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
612 Posts
With key in hand insert it into rear lids keyhole and turn. Lift lid and look between tails frame and plastic for connectors disconnected. It will help to have a bright flashlight to overcome background light of surrounding light when trying to look at stuff in there. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I took out the toolkit and took a look. On the left is a plug that is connected. On the right is a plug that is disconnected but capped. I didn't see any where that might plug into. Any thoughts?

(Looking from directly behind it)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yah download the manual

Then you will be able to understand taking the sides off the tail and wiring back there. Then you will have a easier times. PDF files have search functions making it easier to find answers to questions.

Your worst deal is if the guy took the factory harness out and installed a race only harness which drops connections for fluff stuff. Could be the guy had an alarm in there and just unplugged the alarm which goes to the lights and didn't reconnect the lights like they originally were. In any case you are best to just download the manual so that I wont be the one doing all your work :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.