Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a K7 600. I was in a crash about a month ago and have been without an exhuast. Havent had the money to get a new exhaust. But I have a little now and have had my eye on a slip on Taylor Made. This said... Just want to know how easy it would be to install it (I have only taken the old yosh off the same bike, havent ever done any exhaust work) my self. Two, want to know if its wroth me waiting longer and saving for the full system. And third, I want to know if you have one how do u like it? Thanks

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
They are not bad. I ride with a guy who has one and no problems so far. They are kinda loud but it sounds good. After I get my new body work finished I am looking at one.

·
Registered
555 Posts
the akro is the way to go amazing quality and performance, as for a full system you wont ever be able to use the full potentail of the bike on the street if thats all you ride on but if you do trackdays then you would benefit from it. If you go with a full system its going to take away from your low and mid range power a bit and put it all at the top of your rpm range, your slip wont.

·
Administrator
5,586 Posts
They look good but they've had a lot of quality problems and shitty customer service. Rivets come loose and can starts falling apart after a few thousand miles.
^^^^^^^
Are you speaking from experience or just what you have heard? Here's mine and I doubt you could get that kind of service from some of the other manufactures.
http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=64138

·
Registered
207 Posts
I know two people that bought them - both rattled like a can full of rocks after about 5k miles. Both guys switched cans after getting poor response from taylormade. One chose Akropovic, one chose Yosh, and both are much happier now.

·
Administrator
5,586 Posts
I know two people that bought them - both rattled like a can full of rocks after about 5k miles. Both guys switched cans after getting poor response from taylormade. One chose Akropovic, one chose Yosh, and both are much happier now.
Well I can't speak for them. But mine had over 15K miles on it and did not rattle. The only thing wrong with mine was it leaked at the seam after something hit it there and dented it. Like I said in my post I sent them email and got a reply like the same day. Elana said bring it down I did she gave me a new one no questions ask. And it was nothing they did wrong she could have told me to pound sand. I have nothing bad to say about Paul Taylor and his crew. I think as far as I am concerned they went way beyond what anyone else would have I had already had the can like a yr and a half. :)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
From what I have seen in almost 2 years on this site is that alot of people base a strong opinion for or against something based on 1 or 2 hearsay events.

I have nothing against Akro or Yosh pipes but every brand of anything will eventually have one come off the line that is defective. Rivets arent a permanent solution anyhow. It doesnt take much to jack them up. I have had to replace 2 on my Yoshi can myself. But I dont cry to the manufacturer that after 4k miles normal wear and tear finally starts to show itself.....I drill the SOB out and pop a new one in. 2 minutes tops.

·
Administrator
5,586 Posts
From what I have seen in almost 2 years on this site is that alot of people base a strong opinion for or against something based on 1 or 2 hearsay events.

I have nothing against Akro or Yosh pipes but every brand of anything will eventually have one come off the line that is defective. Rivets arent a permanent solution anyhow. It doesnt take much to jack them up. I have had to replace 2 on my Yoshi can myself. But I dont cry to the manufacturer that after 4k miles normal wear and tear finally starts to show itself.....I drill the SOB out and pop a new one in. 2 minutes tops.
I hear ya. When I called I didn't ask for a replacement I just inquired about some way to seal the leak. She told me there was no way to fix it and to bring it down or ship it back to her and she would replace it. Since I live in CA. and there about 45 to 50 min from my house I pulled it off and took it to her. She gave me a new one on the spot no questions ask. Didn't even ask what I hit and I don't know.

·
Registered
441 Posts
kinda funny cause my yoshi can has been doing that for 2 years. I just keep riveting it myself. Its a PITA i know. There have been times I wanted to just slap a two brothers shorty on there just because it doesnt have a can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.