Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Mir's cruising to a finish locked i the MotoGP Championship for 2020!
Sure there's an asterisk on the season from Covid, etc. MM being out early season, etc.
But Suzuki is the Moto GP and Joan Mir is the MotoGP points champion!

The race this morning was pretty ho hum.
** Spoiler alert from here, if you're gong to watch, stop here.

Mir qualified 12 for todays race.
MObidelli qualified 1st/pole, and pretty much lead pole to pole.
Miller and Morb. traded leads on the last lap atr least 3 times in 3 turns,
But then it looked like Miller realized any more aggressive, he might have taken them both down.

A good season for Suzuki, even if it has an asterisk.

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not sure what that is, sorry.
That’s when the races are won and how a riders position give them more points. At the end of racing year all points are added up. The one with most points get the constructors award.
Honda usually gets it, but with Marc out and 0 wins for Honda it’s not going to happen. I’d think Yammi might win this year because of a total of 7 wins?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
It's based on where the manufacturer's finish and is points based. It doesn't matter who rides the bike, it's where the bike finishes.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,685 Posts
+1 Mercedes just won the F1 Constructors Championship because Mercedes totalled up the most points.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And with any luck, Rins will place well enough to move into 2nd in the points?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the fact that they race an Inline 4 like we ride.
The similarities end there, as I realize those engines and bikes are top notch, state of the art everything. Put out at least 50% more HP/TQ than my old ride will too.

Whereas the Honda MM rides is nothing even remotely similar to a CBR on the street today.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now school me on why no one races Kawi in Moto GP? I know they dominate some of the other race organization groups?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
They used to. It's just money. The GP bikes are all essentially prototypes. One off machines, spares, etc. are extremely expensive. They decided to focus on WSBK, MotoAmerica, and off-road where they can basically use production bikes.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They used to. It's just money. The GP bikes are all essentially prototypes. One off machines, spares, etc. are extremely expensive. They decided to focus on WSBK, MotoAmerica, and off-road where they can basically use production bikes.
But none of the private teams seem to be using them either?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought private teams could also use whatever base motor they wanted? I don't know.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Then they could use the WSBK engine I guess. But do you think the Suzuki GP bike is really anything like the GSX-R1000?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Then they could use the WSBK engine I guess. But do you think the Suzuki GP bike is really anything like the GSX-R1000?
Oh yeah, Same thing! J/K

As I mentioned earlier, I at least like the fact it is an inline 4, similar to the ones we ride.
I realize it pretty much ends there though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts